T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am preparing to launch a webstore for cell phone skins and cases. I want to have a nice catalog of images for customers to pick from.

Can you please direct me to artists that wouldn't mind me using their work or sites where you know I can find them?

I think this can make or break this business venture.

Thanks so much in advance...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am preparing to launch a webstore for cell phone skins and cases. I want to have a nice catalog of images for customers to pick from.

Can you please direct me to artists that wouldn't mind me using their work or sites where you know I can find them?

The thing is, it's difficult to convince artists to let you use their work for free, then profit from the results. It's going to be quite obvious. Perhaps find a friend or someone in your local area who is a talented artist to come up with some simple designs and you can pay him via a cut. 10% of each sale, or perhaps a flat rate per sale depending on your margins, or even just buying the artwork outright.

Although there are resources out there for royalty free and public domain work out there, they are generally vague and not always the best quality.

Check out these forums! Perhaps someone on here would be happy to provide you some work, or try the website ConceptArt.org Version 3.0 as there are a multitude of listed artists wanting to expand their CV by doing free artwork.

Good luck,
Tom

·
Registered
8 Posts

I'm happy to contribute, send me a message to chat. thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
There is lots of free art but in most cases you will probable need to learn to edit it to suit your needs and taste. Get some free software (gimp, ink scape) and just take your time.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Why not offer a 10 percent cut on the first 1000 sold or 20 on 500 gives the artist incentive to help sell them, you offset your art cost and if the design is super popular then you don't have to keep paying over the agreed amount. Seems like rewarding the artist that is actually making you successful would be the right thing to do.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You should always pay for your inventory what ever you sell or soon you will run out of suppliers. But quality products have little to do with a successful website.

Just wondering how you would applied art to case/cover sublimation, screening with solvent ink, direct printing. The sublimation or direct printing seems to be the best to me, because screening would be a pain to do singles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.