T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I'm so embaressed to be writing this forum, but I'm using a VERY OLD heat press, so I was playing with the handle and seemed to have "locked" it and am unable to lift the press again (I really hope that makes sense). I've tried jiggling it every way I can, it's locked in place! Please help!!

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
What a weird day on the forum for locked down presses. Sorry to hear, Shawna... is there a guy around that might be able to try to lift the handle for you? If there is a pressure knob, it's probably impossible to loosen in the locked down position. Have you attempted to use a crow bar for leverage?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kelly,

None of the above. Looks like I'll be unplugging and continuing tomorrow. I don't even understand how I've managed to lock into place so securely. It looks so easy, like it should just lift right back up, but it's not!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the quick reply guys. I managed to talk my boyfriend into coming over and he managed to loosen the pressure and lift it. Phew. I like being independent and all, but that was a little tough to loosen!

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Glad to hear it's all well now, Shawna. :)

I know, I like being independant, too, but sometimes it helps to have those big guns around for when it's just too much. :D

Loosen the pressure knob now so it won't clamp don't so strongly in the future. It's okay, less pressure than what you are using will still work for transfers. Good luck to you and....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts