T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really new at this game, I've been lurking the forums for a while but I am looking at altering blank tee's ( Probably AA or AScolour) By altering I mean sewing a little pockets and patches on, relabelling etc I wonder if this is ok. And these are also for resale. Can any one offer any help into this?

Thankyou

Ben

·
Registered
15 Posts
we are not lawyers or experts, but do not believe there is a problem with altering and reselling --- especially blank t-shirts... many t-shirt companies provide tear away tags to enable folks to put their own labels in them... issues are more around copy righted logos, etc.

good luck with your business!

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Many of the companies that supply blanks garments do so specifically for the apparel decorating community, yes it is legal to decorate, relabel, and resell them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
As long as you do not change the origin of the shirt .... Say T-shirt is "Made in Pakitan or China or Bangaladesh" ... you can not change it to "Made in Australia"

Also you can not cahnge the content of the shirt "say its 50% cotton and 50% Poly" ... you can not change it to 100% cotton ....

·
Registered
582 Posts
As long as you do not change the origin of the shirt .... Say T-shirt is "Made in Pakitan or China or Bangaladesh" ... you can not change it to "Made in Australia"

Also you can not cahnge the content of the shirt "say its 50% cotton and 50% Poly" ... you can not change it to 100% cotton ....
+1 to Ali's comments.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts

+1 more to Ali's comment.
However, you can add "printed in Australia".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts