T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am attempting my first cut with GCC 24 and Great Cut software. Although the test cut was successful when I open a simple design in Great Cut software and do print and choose the cutter nothing happens. I am sure I am missing a step but would love some basic get started tips so I can test the machine. Thanks in advance!

· Registered
8,807 Posts
just make sure your design is in vector format and select 'output'...if you select 'print' it will try to find a regular printer......or so I remember...I now use another cut program and have about forgot about Great Cut

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No I was loading directly into Great Cut a jpg file just to test to make sure everything is set. When I choose output the screen flickers but no options happen. Can Great Cut not be used as a stand alone software?

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay I imported a vector file and chose output and there is no option to cut just preview output test drive and cancel. I am sure I am making this harder than it should be but I am just not seeing the option to cut. UGH! I consider myself somewhat techie savy so I just don't know what I am missing.

· Registered
177 Posts
Sometimes if i accidently disconnect my Expert 24lx and connect it, it stops working untill i reboot my pc and restart the cutter. I think it causes some kind of disconnect.

Best advice i can give, if you get fustrated give it some time, walk away, and come back when you cleared your head. At times it can cause you to rush your designs and mess up on shirts :D

· Registered
251 Posts
The GreatCuts software also has a contour button. So you can trace your jpg from GreatCuts. However you will need to play around with the setting a little to get it to trace the outline the way you want it to. For text you will need corel draw or at least a picture of the text to trace with GreatCuts.

It is possible to use GreatCuts without Corel Draw. However, in our experience most people use CorelDraw with GreatCuts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.