T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Please help!! I have just had a few t-shirts returned by a customer.

The colour of the t-shirts are white and sand and the print colour on both was just black. One of the t-shirts white) ran with a pinky colour and the other (sand) faded to an almost grass green/khaki colour. Both after the versy 1st wash.

I am printin on a Canon MP520 printer, pressing on medium to hard pressure for 25 seconds, at 190 degrees celcius and hot peeling.

The customer said the shirt was washed at 30 degrees inside out.

Please help. I do not want any more returns from him as he is giving me good healthy orders.

P.S. Should i print the image out and leave it to sit for a certain amount of time before pressing. Also, i am printing on settings :

"High Resolution Paper, High Standard Quality!

Thank you.
Jon

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just the ink which was in the printer when i bought it. It is only 4 weeks old.

Im guessing its an inkjet printer?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Found on Canon's website under the features for your printer:
Three color inks plus a pigment black ink produce impressive photos and laser-like text.
That makes it sound like the other three colors are dye-based ink which aren't water proof.

But on the other hand I think some people here have used JPSS with dye-based inks with no problems ... so maybe it is the print setting. :confused:

I always let the print dry for awhile before I press but I don't know if that is necessary.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I'm not sure of about your Cannon printer and the type of ink it uses and this could make a difference. The most used printer is the epson's and pigment ink. I think you may have the the quality of the print turned up to high and may be putting to much ink on the Heat transfer paper. I hope this helps and good luck. ....... JB

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I use the Epson with pigment. When you go to print, much like COEDS stated, you don't need as high a resolution as it sounds that is what you're doing. A little trick I use, after I peel the image off the shirt I let it air for a bit and then reheat again, but don't use any pressure, just much sure you place a large piece of art board paper or something that covers the entire shirt and hold the press over the shirt for a few seconds.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK guys,

Thanks. So can anyone recommend other cartridges that i can use for this specific printer.

Its only 4 weeks old so i cant go out and buy another printer.

:)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
You can buy a refurbished C120 Epson, here in the states, for $30-50, however I'm not sure if they have those deals in Europe. To make a long story short, sorry I can't help because I don't use that printer for my products. But I'm sure someone here does. Try typing in the printer name in the search bar above and you'll be able to see the threads about it.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
OK guys,

Thanks. So can anyone recommend other cartridges that i can use for this specific printer.

Its only 4 weeks old so i cant go out and buy another printer.

:)
I would check some vendors for refillable cartridges and buy some ink in bulk.It will save you money in the long run. .... JB

·
Registered
383 Posts
Something to think about, some people leave there clothes in the washer for a long time before moving them to the dryer. I have had a couple people say that the colors has ran a little, when asking them how they washed them, they then told me they forgot about the wash and left them sitting wet for over a day before drying. I have never had an issue myself, but I don't leave them for that long either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts