T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me? Sorry I have tried searching the threads, but can't figure out which one relates to my and my printer/paper the best. I am using a Canon MP520 with canon inks C, Y, M & B, with JPSS. Today I printed 6 different designs on the same page, I transferred all of them and they came out fine on all different items of clothing, except for one. It was a solid dark purple square with writing in it, the colour on the corner after hot peeling was missing. I washed it to see how it would wash and it bled too. So I redid it, and the same thing happened, even for the third time. The only difference seems to be maybe the colour or possibly the garment? But i have used this garment before and haven't had any problems then. Could it be the ink saturation? Am I using too much ink? If this is the case, then how come the other prints were all ok? (they're all different colours). I pressed for the same time, same temp. If it is the printer colour settings, does anyone know how to change these on a canon mp520? Thanks!:confused:

· Premium Member
7,895 Posts
Some other folks have had bleeding issues with ink and the JPSS, and backing off the saturation fixed nearly everyone problems except for a very, very few, like 2, who have red bleeding issues with JPSS, but not with pigment ink, I believe. What kind of fabric are you using?

Red is the color sited as problematic, and purple is loaded with red, so that to me is why you see the purple rising as a problem.

The first thing would be to try to reduce the ink saturation. Either in the color settings, or by using a text or normal mode instead of a photo mode. Also, make sure you are using a plain paper setting.

The ink sits on top of the paper, so too much ink is not good and actually is wasteful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.