T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first started printing I was using a pull pull method. I then found out about the pull push style and really liked it and no problems for four months or so. The last few orders of shirts I have printed the edges of print have been blurry. I have tried changing the angle of the squeegee, pressure, and speed with no changes. If I go back to the pull pull stroke all of my problems are solved. What else could I have changed to get such blurry prints?

·
Registered
734 Posts
When I first started printing I was using a pull pull method. I then found out about the pull push style and really liked it and no problems for four months or so. The last few orders of shirts I have printed the edges of print have been blurry. I have tried changing the angle of the squeegee, pressure, and speed with no changes. If I go back to the pull pull stroke all of my problems are solved. What else could I have changed to get such blurry prints?
How's your mesh tension? If it's loosening up you may be rippling the mesh on the stroke due to the naturally higher stroke force. Especially with thicker ink.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
never pull and push on the same print, should do one direction or the other, not both
I get the blurry edges on a pull flood, push to clear the screen.

I can swap squeegie's and it doesn't effect it either. The newest squeegie I have is roughly 5 months old, how often should they be replaced? Also will a worn squeegie just have a slightly rounded edge?

·
Registered
382 Posts
im semi-new to screen printing and have had similar problems. check the bolt that the screen arm butts up against when in the down position. if it is not contacting the bolt when in the down position, get close and see that if when the squeegee passes, maybe the arm is flexing. it was a problem that happened to me. also make sure all your machine parts are tight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.