T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, first post, looking for a used press for a while, but wanted a decent one. I found one from a reputable person online who is listing his Geo Knight dk20 digital swinger - swing away heat press for $1000 (size 16x20). I can negotiate, but what is a great deal? It is from the original owner, and barely has been used. 2016 is when bought originally apparently for 1600.

It is a 20S on the top and a 120volt, 18000 wat, 60 cycle, 15 amp.

A little guidance who know good pricing on used stuff would be helpful...along with whether this is a good one.

·
Administrator
15,476 Posts
I would pay that in a heartbeat for a 2016 Geo Knight.

If you decide to buy, you just want to make sure it heats up to temperature. A probe thermometer is best to bring with you but a laser temperature gun will work almost as well. Test all areas of the press for temperature consistency. Corners, middle etc.

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
This is an excellent product at a very good price. As Joe has mentioned, testing the heating element is important. You can get a laser heat gun at Home Depot, Lowes, etc.

·
Registered
768 Posts
My favorite brand!
These presses are great, and built to last.

That is a good price, on that press there isn't a lot to have to worry about.
Check that the platen is not damaged.
Make sure it gets hot.

For $1000.00 I would expect it to be in perfect working order.
Make sure that is counts down when the press is lowered.
Make sure the bottom pad in good shape.
The screen should have a "blue or purple" look to the screen if it is a 2016. If it doesn't then it is an older model. You can go into the menu and see how many cycles the press has done (how many times it has opened and closed).

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.