T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:
Hello everyone,

I have found T-Shirt Forums to be fabulous. It's a never ending source of information. With people who are sincerely interested in helping others. It makes me feel as though I am not alone...

But...because my little mind will only retain so much information at one time I am requesting simple and
direct answers drawing from your experience to a few of the questions below. (I will be using a 16 X 20 Mighty Press and doing T-Shirts mainly)

1. Which printer gives best quality, inkjet or laser?
2. Should I use pigament or regular ink?
3. Is is more cost efficient to use a laser printer, after the initial purchase and setup?
4. Best transfers for both light and dark fabrics?
5. Best t-shirts to use, 50/50 or 100% cotton,
and best weight.
6. Best online source for purchasing merchandise?
7. Is the Brinkman's Inkjet Calculator the best
method for pricing jobs.

I know I'll have many more questions and feel this
is the best place to find honest answers. Thank you for your time.

Sandy:)

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Maybe this will help a bit...
1. Which printer gives best quality, inkjet or laser? They both give good prints...inkjets have a higher resolution and maybe best for photo printing but a good laser will also give good image
2. Should I use pigament or regular ink? Pigment ink is regular ink in some epson printers. Most ink will be either pigment or dye ink (pigment ink scores better in wash test..dye base will fade in washing) ...exception being the Epson 1400 which uses Claria ink that they say is water resistant. Some forum members have used this ink with JPSS and been happy. I have no personal knowledge of Claria
3. Is is more cost efficient to use a laser printer, after the initial purchase and setup? Laser printers are more economical on a per print basis than inkjet. inkjet CIS is better than the carts but still laser is cheaper. I use both and I think that your choice should be based on what you are going to use. Inkjets probably have a wider range of materials to use
4. Best transfers for both light and dark fabrics? I think JPSS and Iron All tend to be the most favored...but this a personal choice..
5. Best t-shirts to use, 50/50 or 100% cotton,
and best weight. The best shirt is the ones that your customers want. I have some that want 50/50 and other want the 100% cotton yet other opt for the polyester material... you should be prepared to do all
6. Best online source for purchasing merchandise? I am not sure there is an answer for this..vendors run sales and shipping costs may differ based on distance involved. Our forum vendors do great..so like going to the mall...shop 'em all.
7. Is the Brinkman's Inkjet Calculator the best
method for pricing jobs. His calculator is the least expensive and most adaptable of similiar programs.I know that it made me aware of a couple areas that I should tighten up on.

Now that I have confused you...good luck in your venture

1 - 3 of 3 Posts