T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm completely stuck on price calculating. We have been busy the past weeks making a price list for our new DTG-printer. Now customers tell me either I'm to cheap, others are finding my prices as much as theft :confused:
I'm located in Belgium. Who is willing to mail me his price list so I've something to compare to. (info (at) zetten dot be)
Thank you!

· Registered
8,073 Posts
My prices in Northern California, USA would not be much help for your location. My advice is j just price according to your cost. ...... I sort of break my cost into thirds....1/3 for garment and ink, 1/3 for machine (for repair and depreciation), 1/3 for me or employee. When you know your true cost m then set the profit you want. Don't listen to outsiders opinions to set your price

· Registered
91 Posts
With any marketing and sales..your profit margin is determined by your product and manufacturing cost. You really have to dissect each value. I know your looking for a quick guide or answer, but realistically only you can determine this 1. Garment (product) cost 2. Overhead (employees) what it cost to produce the item. This will determine your profit margin.. Basic rule of thumb is 300% markup. this way your covering all areas. Hope this helps.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Again a reply which is correct. Never the less when the guy next door sells for a cheaper price, you're not going the sell anything. Maybe then you need to cut in your costs. First of all we did make a price list based on costs. Anyhow I want to compare, if only to check which reaction by my customers is justified.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.