1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a sample pack of vinyl from Imprintables. I received 3 rolls:

15"x36" orange (thin)
15"x36" white (thin)
20"x36" red (thicker than the two above)

I got instructions for the following types:

Spectra Cut
Spectra Cut II
Spectra Eco-Film

Does anyone have any idea of how I can identify which one is which? I intend to call them tomorrow to see if they can help, but I though I'd ask here first.

Thanks

-Mike

·
Registered
938 Posts

15"x36" orange (thin)
15"x36" white (thin)

Spectra Cut
Spectra Cut II
Spectra Eco-Film

Does anyone have any idea of how I can identify which one is which? I intend to call them tomorrow to see if they can help, but I though I'd ask here first.

Thanks

-Mike
Greetings Mike & :welcome:!

Usually there is a piece of tape around the roll, on the outside, that would have the product name written on it.

If not there, check inside the roll (on both ends) to see if there is a label stuck inside identifying the product.

This is just from my experience only, but Eco-Film is normally sent in the color White for sampling.

If that is true, then I'll guess that the Spectra Cut II is the red product given Imprintables only sells 19" wide rolls of it and the Spectra Cut is the Orange product.

Was I right? :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
the two 15" rolls are eco film probably, eco only comes 15" and its pretty thin, another thing to check though, see if its got a sticky backing. eco has the sticked backing (i think). it makes it easier to line up on a shirt, and to weed.
the 20" is probably cut II, thats just pretty standard. i've never used regular spectra cut though. from my experience, cut II really doesn't work that well. recently i started having all kinds of problems with it. i'd go with eco film, cut plus, or another supplier. i switched to the stuff that a local store sells and its hot-peel which is very nice, and i've never had a problem with it. spectra products have given me tons of trouble, especially white.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

15"x36" orange (thin)
15"x36" white (thin)

Spectra Cut
Spectra Cut II
Spectra Eco-Film

Thanks

-Mike
Sounds like the others got the question answered for ya, but here's a heads up. If you're curious about some of their other materials, read the Imprintables information under Exclusive Forum Discounts for how to get in contact with Josh and to see if he can possibly send you some samples free of charge.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help everyone.

Correction: It was the white roll that was 20", not the red one..

It ended up being:

15"x36" orange (thin) - Eco-Film
20"x36" white (thin) - Spectra Cut II
15"x36" red (thicker than the two above) - Spectra Cut

I found all of them easy to weed, and my Craft Robo cut them all very well.

I also got a sample pack of specialty vinyl. The MEGAtallic cut nicely and looks great. The same goes for the Spectra Reflect. The Spectra Foil was hard to cut. I had to run 2 passes with the cutter. It seems to be quite thick when pressed too. I have yet to try to Super Suede.

I will try to get in contact with Josh to see if I can get a few more samples.

Thanks again for everyones help

-Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts