T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have been down this road before but it was a long time ago and can't remember so any help would be deeply appreciated. I have two DTG printers and have replaced print heads, pumps and capping stations, dampers many times before. I must have done something wrong this time. I just replaced the pump, capping station and print head. (because it was time) I am getting good suction from the capping station but when trying to prime the NEW dampers nothing is happening as a matter of fact when I open the clips the ink runs back into the bottle instead of the damper. If someone could tell me what the heck I did wrong or what is going on I would appreciate it.:)
Thanks, Joy

· Registered
1,328 Posts
Is it all the lines or just a certain one like yellow or magenta?

If it's just one you could have a bad damper. I've bought new dampers that were defective and didn't know it until I put them on.

Also, clean around the print head nipples with a q-tip and some ammonia / distilled water to ensure you are getting a good seal between the head and the dampers.

Did you change your ink levels by any chance?

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I changed out the dampers again and it almost sounds like there is an air leak. I checked the capping station and that is working fine but could it be that for some reason it is not sealing tight to the head? If so why? and how do I fix it.

· Registered
1,328 Posts
I changed out the dampers again and it almost sounds like there is an air leak. I checked the capping station and that is working fine but could it be that for some reason it is not sealing tight to the head? If so why? and how do I fix it.
Prime the dampers manually and do not put them back on the head. Try to find a tray that you can put level to the print head and set them down. Check after 5 min if the ink levels have gone back into the bottles, if so most likely an air leak.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The ink lines are only a few months old, and I can not get a prime out of any of the dampers. As for the air leak sound...I have no idea? But like i said it will start sucking and then the prime just lets go...so....not sure.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok I think I figured it out. None of this made any sense to me because everything was new. So I thought that it might be a bad capping station even though that too was new. Well I put the old one back in and guess what...no more air leaks and everything is working great. So mystery solved. Thanks guys for your help, I really appreciate it. :D

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes I primed the dampers but they kept losing prime when I did a head clean. And while doing a head clean I kept hearing a leaking sound. I wasn't sure where it was coming from. So I changed the capping station back to the old one and it worked. I'm thinking there must be a crack or something wrong with the new capping station. It works now so, I'm happy. And thank you for your advice, I really appreciate it.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes I primed them before I put them in. And when I would have the lines clipped off they were fine but as soon as opened up the clips and did a head clean I could hear a leaking sound and looked at the dampers and they prime was gone so I put the old capping station back in and it has worked great since. That is the only thing I did different so I think the new capping station was bad. Or maybe it was just my lucky day and the printer Gods decided that they had messed with me enough and left me alone so I could print.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Don,
No the springs are in place and looks good it dosn't look like anything is wrong with it (the new one), and I hooked it up just like the old one. I really have no idea what the heck happened but after I replaced the new one with the old one it worked great, I worked on it for hours before I put the old one back in.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.