T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is a pic of gold chains. I want to create something similar to this, but have NO idea where to start. Should I just rip a pic of a chain from the net? It's perfectly detailed. I know how to trace things in Ill. but dont think thats what I should do. PLLLEEEAASEE help if you can. I have a great idea but am being held back due to lack of knowledge. And it SUCKS!

Thanks guys.

Rebelesque

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hiya, theres a couple of things i can think of doing, one would be to find the chain you want then trace a link, then link them up in illustrator but it will be hard to get the bends right, or take a high-res photo (macro) of a chain the way it will hang, then trace it in illustrator, or maybe freehand it?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
If you could get a photo of a necklace you like, you could trace it with a felt tip marker. Then scan the tracing onto the computer. Then use a program that has an auto vector feature to convert the traced pic into a vector. Macromedia flash has this feature.

Or you could find a pic you like. Scan into the computer, and trace in illustrator/corel/freehand, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts