T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty new to this, and my shop has no plumbing drain, so I need to setup a recirc washout booth. I am willing to get two.
I just want to know your opinions on how to set up?
Should one be just to washout ink?
Can I washout, degrease, and reclaim in one booth,Recirculating unit?

Any advice please.
Thank you..

·
Registered
86 Posts
fxmaster said:
I am pretty new to this, and my shop has no plumbing drain, so I need to setup a recirc washout booth. I am willing to get two.
I just want to know your opinions on how to set up?
Should one be just to washout ink?
Can I washout, degrease, and reclaim in one booth,Recirculating unit?

Any advice please.
Thank you..
Hi there, nice to meet you. You will definitely need two units. One for inks and tape goo and a second for reclaiming. Use the recirculator washout for the reclaiming and throw a 5 gal bucket under the other one. As long as you are using biodegradable emulsion (we use RLX and QTX) you will be Osha compliant. You won't need much water to get the ink off and the screen ready for reclaiming..when it's full dump it on the ground as long as you are using biodegradable emulsion. It may stain the ground where you dump it so pick an out of the way spot.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re:triple

Thanks triplej, I will have to email you further since to are in california, I have a few questions about shop permits and stuff like that. if any I have know idea so-far. I am learning by trial and the internet.

also now I know you do embroydery?

Can I washout unexposed emulsion and degrease in the same cirulation that I will have traces of relaim chem?

I figure I start with clean water and use spraybottles to add my chemicals.
So I think eventualy the water will become saturated with reclaim chem, and start to mess-up my new screens..just overthinking maybe?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts