T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help! I've got a flyer created in Adobe Illustrator 9 - I need to be able to send it in the body of an e-mail (not an attachement) - how could I do it without loosing quality of the graphics and keeping the size under 1 MB? So far I've been saving it as JPEG, importing into Word and sending it from there - the flyer is not crisp enough, there must be a better way!
Any advice will be appreciated!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well if you have photoshop, you can open it up in there(save it as EPS or just copy/paste everything). If your using remote images( you're linking to images on your server) you can go from photoshop to imageready, slice the image and send the html page generated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What does the flyer look like? Depending on the kind of graphics it contains it might look better as a GIF than a JPEG (JPEGs are better for photos and gradients; GIFs are better for line art and type).

Also, make sure you resize the Illustrator graphic to actual (final) size before saving it off. Otherwise the image will get all jiggy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm surprised no one has said this yet... File>Save for web. Your situation is exactly what this is for.

This feature will allow you to save it in a web-compatible format (gif, jpeg or png) and you'll be able to customize the compression to get it the size you need.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts