T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to sublimation and haven't yet managed to get a print I'm happy with. I'm trying to print some of my designs on cotton but just can't get my designs to fix after washing. I'm using Forever subli light no cut on cotton. I'm using an Epson ecotank with sublinova sublimation ink. I'm pressing at 180.c for 30 seconds and then fixing with a Matt fixing sheet. It's a hot peel, and you need to be fast, sometimes my finished transfer is patchy, but i got a result I was mostly happy with today but after washing at 30.c inside out, it's come out if the machine and my image is peeling away from the material. I've posted some photos so you can see. Any ideas anyone, it's driving me a bit mad 馃お Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying Joe, I am re pressing for 30 seconds but I'm not stretching at all? I can give that a go and see if it helps. Will let you know 馃槉

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all for your help, I thought I'd update you on where I got to because I have now had some success! My problems were all down to a poor press! I had tried everything suggested here and was still having problems, my press was an entry level, pretty cheap press from China so I decided to upgrade it. I picked up a much heavier steel press second hand which was made here in the UK and it instantly solved all the issues I was experiencing with the forever subli light on cotton. The colours are Bright, there is no peeling and and washability is good. Just thought I'd share incase anyone else has a similar issue 馃檪

Registered
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to sublimation and haven't yet managed to get a print I'm happy with. I'm trying to print some of my designs on cotton but just can't get my designs to fix after washing. I'm using Forever subli light no cut on cotton. I'm using an Epson ecotank with sublinova sublimation ink. I'm pressing at 180.c for 30 seconds and then fixing with a Matt fixing sheet. It's a hot peel, and you need to be fast, sometimes my finished transfer is patchy, but i got a result I was mostly happy with today but after washing at 30.c inside out, it's come out if the machine and my image is peeling away from the material. I've posted some photos so you can see. Any ideas anyone, it's driving me a bit mad 馃お Thanks in advance!
View attachment 272760 View attachment 272759
You cannot use liquid detergent or fabric softner or tide pods etc. must be powder. the fabric sftner breaks down the ink.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts