T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

So I am new to printing. I have been going for three weeks now and seem to be doing well with printing onto white fabrics with Jet Pro SS using a press. Happy with the quality. I have two questions, this paper says for 'light fabric' so I'm assuming I can use this on all pale colours too (pink, blue etc) or will that not work.

My main question is I am getting lots of requests for coloured tshirts. I've done quite a bit of research and have bought the Jet 3G Opaque paper to try. How does this work? I notice that the instructions say to cut round the image. Do those that do not have lots of money to invest in lots of different machines actually just cut them out by hand, if not is there an easier way to be accurate? I don't have a steady hand!! :rolleyes: I assume that any of the paper left that hasn't been cut will show on the fabric?

Thanks for your help and sorry the questions are so basic. We all need to start somewhere but I'm learning quickly!

If you have any good websites for instructions or tips on heat transfer printing as well please do share. Thanks again!

· Registered
251 Posts
Hi,

So I am new to printing. I have been going for three weeks now and seem to be doing well with printing onto white fabrics with Jet Pro SS using a press. Happy with the quality. I have two questions, this paper says for 'light fabric' so I'm assuming I can use this on all pale colours too (pink, blue etc) or will that not work.

Yes only light color or white. But generally white fabric works best for all light inkjet transfer papers. Remember to factor in the shirt color mixing with the colors of your graphic. Also any white in your image will turn the color of the shirt.

My main question is I am getting lots of requests for coloured tshirts. I've done quite a bit of research and have bought the Jet 3G Opaque paper to try. How does this work? I notice that the instructions say to cut round the image. Do those that do not have lots of money to invest in lots of different machines actually just cut them out by hand, if not is there an easier way to be accurate? I don't have a steady hand!! :rolleyes: I assume that any of the paper left that hasn't been cut will show on the fabric?

You can cut with your scissor if you want. But you are right, it is best to use a cutter with an optical eye. Check out roland GX24, graphtec CE6000 or GCC expert LX. GCC expert LX is an economical cutter but with slightly higher learning curve. And yes any areas you do not trim and no ink is printed will become white on the shirt.

Think of dark transfer papers like applying a sticker. Except that the dark transfer is permanent and generally much softer than a sticker and generally wash resistant. Oh and don't forget the adhesive is activated when heat is applied.

Thanks for your help and sorry the questions are so basic. We all need to start somewhere but I'm learning quickly!

If you have any good websites for instructions or tips on heat transfer printing as well please do share. Thanks again!
I have posted my reply in the quote above. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.