T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm looking for vintage inspired/slim fit shirts for guys and girls to print my own designs on. I haven't been very impressed with American or Alternative Apparel. Are there any other brands that are a little higher quality and have a better fit than these two?

I really like the shirts that RVCA and Junk Food print on if any one has any specific info on what type of shirt either use, that would be great info as well.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
What kind of "quality" and "better fit" specifically are you looking for?

Alternative Apparel and American Apparel are pretty high quality brands. Especially for the vintage/slim fit market.

What is it about the quality of those brands that you didn't like? What specifically about the fit didn't you like? Those answers might help us guide you to some different manufacturers or styles.

:welcome:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. The shirts that I've ordered from Alternative Apparel (AA05-Basic Crew Tee) don't seem to have the softness that I'm looking for...they feel a little rough. Both brands seem to fit well in the shoulders and chest, but the fit of the shirt is still pretty loose around the hip. American Apparel seems to lose shape (especialy through the torso/hip) once it has been washed and worn a few times. I haven;t ordered directly from American, but I've got shirts that I've bought that are from that brand...is there a specific item number that you could give me for the slim fit shirt that is supposed to be the best? Any opinions of American vs Alternative would be great too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
In the past when we have done vintage style shirts we have printed onto American Apparel then had the shirts enzime washed to give them that really soft feel but keeping the fit of the shirt...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts