T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys! I bought 3 vectors off of Shutterstock, which I usually have good luck with, but this time 2 of the 3 will not open in my Corel Draw X4. I have contacted Shutterstock and they checked and said that they where downloading correctly for them. They even tried to e-mail them to me to see if the problem was in there web site, but still the same problem. I was wondering if anyone has a solution or if someone would be willing to let me forward these downloads to you and see if they work for you. If they do maybe you could send me a corel file with the pics. You are welcome to keep the files since i have already paid for them....PLEASE HELP!!!
Thanks

· Registered
534 Posts
i don't know if this will work in corel, but when i am unable to open an EPS file directly with illustrator, here is what i do:

i place the eps file like it's a linked image and then embed the file in the links pallet. this usually works.

also, you could try opening the eps with acrobat and save as a different format like PDF. then open that with corel.

not sure if these solutions will work for you, but best of luck to you.

· Registered
605 Posts
What version of Corel are you using?

· Registered
64 Posts
I have had the same problem with shutterstock in the past. My corel X3 would not open certain EPS images, however...my corel X5 WAS able to import them. Beleive it or not I prefer using my corel X3. Anyway, I would import in corel X5 and then output as an EPS from there and then import that new EPS into my corel X3. If you want to give it a try with your file just let me know. Good luck!

· Registered
78 Posts
i don't know if this will work in corel, but when i am unable to open an EPS file directly with illustrator, here is what i do:

i place the eps file like it's a linked image and then embed the file in the links pallet. this usually works.

also, you could try opening the eps with acrobat and save as a different format like PDF. then open that with corel.

not sure if these solutions will work for you, but best of luck to you.
hi pls can just explain me how u do that i mean place the file to embed it thx

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.