T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. Hoping you can help with an issue we're having. We're very new to the Mimaki 604D printer -- we had a graphic artist, who left fairly quickly, and unfortunately we have a t-shirt order that needs to be filled before we can get another artist signed on.

This order, of course, has to be one with discharge. We have what we believe to be appropriate files, but cannot print them to any satisfaction. We've tried what we believe to be everything ... but to no avail.

Any pointers you can give us? We've been able to print other files that are already in Raster, but have serious issues when we try to print new files that we've opened in Raster. And ... our colors are wrong. We don't know a whole lot about profililng -- is there a book or some literature that can teach us quickly? (Preferably not in rough-translated Japanese.)

Is there a secret "click" that we're just not seeing when it comes to the discharge portion?

We're desperate at this point. Anything you can do to point us in the right direction is greatly appreciated.

:confused:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Well what software are you using?
Make sure your not working in CMKY and working in RGB because will give you wider Color Gamut and brighter Colors.
That is main reason why colors are bad but also there is another sub profiling which you can profile as color metrixs.
If you got issues email me at [email protected] if you have trouble reprofiliing it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. Thanks for your answer & contact info! We may need to e-ml you if we can't get this figured out. We're using Photoshop to create the files & then bringing them into RasterLink (via drop & drag). When prompted, we bring the images in as 604-D (rather than Discharge).

We'll double-check the settings in Photoshop to verify that they are RGB. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
No problem :) I do wide format printing and fine art printing so I know importance of profiling

If you still got issue I be happy to help out.
Also do nozzle check make sure all heads are firing properly because you can have a color not mixing making the colors off as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts