T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at starting doing personalised infant/childrens clothing. I will be designing them myself, but not printing myself. I am very unsure about what kind of printing to go with :confused:

Before I joined here I was under the impression there was only one type of printing for printing onto clothing, and thats the DTG printing.

Obviously as they are for babies/young childre, they need to wash well and last without fading/cracking, I hope I make sense.

I am really sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place, and I hope someone here will have some advice for me .

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
It depends on how personalised, if you only want a few or one then you can use DTG or vinyl/flock or sublimation (on white polyester only).

If you needed larger numbers then screenprinting would be the way to go.

I use vinyl/flock as you can do as little as 1 or up to 50 with no problems. It's soft to touch, does not crack/peel and will never fade. If applied correctly it will outlast the garment and it's available in all colours and a few different textures/effects now. It does not contain any harmful chemicals either.

Lee

PS have a look at themagictouch, xpres, grafityp for garment vinyl/flock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply Lee.

Basically I would have my basic design, and the childs name would be on it too. So the name would need to be changed each time.

I will do more research on the things you suggested, I am a total noob to this so your reply is very much appreciated. Thank you x

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
In that case you could get a load of t-shirts printed with your design and just add the name as and when you need to with flock/vinyl.

If you got screen printed t-shirts using waterbased ink you would not have any problems putting the t-shirt through a heat press to add the name.

If you got a press you could also put the name on in rhinestones.

Lee

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oooh I never thought of rhinestones, and as im a very girly girly that is very appealing to me :D lol

Thanks for your help, do you know of any printers in the area? I notice you are from Oldham, which is not that far from me, im in Huddersfield

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I do my own t-shirts using rhinestones, nailheads, metal stars etc. Have a look on ebay for hotfix nailheads/rhinestones, they are quite cheap and easy to do. You can put them on individually or use a heatpress.

I would be careful using them on clothing for really young kids though as there is a chance they can be pulled off.

There is a screenprinter on the forum, I'll try to find him for you. He is in Leeds and his prices look good.

I do all my own at the moment because I do workwear, promotional t-shirts and my own range (which is taking forever to get out!).

Lee

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
No problem, I really need to get into screenprint but need more space! It's also hard to find suppliers.

Glad to help.

Lee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts