T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a vector version of art which I have included in this post. I tried to cut it, but it didnt look like it should have.
Arent vinyl cutters suppose to cut vector images? Maybe I am doing something wrong.
How can I cut this to look realistic and professional?
obama11a-1.jpg
Any help will be great!!!

Thanks in advance!!!
Roz

·
Registered
938 Posts
I found a vector version of art which I have included in this post. I tried to cut it, but it didnt look like it should have.
Arent vinyl cutters suppose to cut vector images? Maybe I am doing something wrong.
How can I cut this to look realistic and professional?
View attachment 6311
Any help will be great!!!

Thanks in advance!!!
Roz
Hi Roz,

Given the picture you have is a .jpg file, that means it's Raster (or Bitmap), not Vector. Here's a site that explains the differences: Bitmap vs.Vector

Have you found a Vector picture of him? That's what you'll need. ;) Look for it with the file type ending in .eps or .ai .

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just look like to much was missing from the face to recognize who it was,I used cadworkx. Is there a better one I can use? I know this can be done, but not sure how.
I know exactly what you mean now Roz. I and many others on this forum use Adobe Illustrator to produce the vector image. With Illustrator you have several 'Tracing' styles that will produce varying results. I usually test each style out in order to get the best looking one. When you vectorize an image, it is sometimes inevitable that you will lose some detail. I've never used Cadworx, but give Illustrator a try. I'm sure it will work for you. Let us know how you get on.:)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks,
I only have n older version on Illustrator, and i am not very good with it.
I understand that Illustrator cs3 has a tracing option. Does this work well or do u need a lot if experience?

I know exactly what you mean now Roz. I and many others on this forum use Adobe Illustrator to produce the vector image. With Illustrator you have several 'Tracing' styles that will produce varying results. I usually test each style out in order to get the best looking one. When you vectorize an image, it is sometimes inevitable that you will lose some detail. I've never used Cadworx, but give Illustrator a try. I'm sure it will work for you. Let us know how you get on.:)

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
All so inkscape is prety good for vectoring and it is free.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The tracing option in CS3 is really easy to use. Just a one click facility to do it. I have produced the vectored image from the same photograph that you are welcome to have. Trouble is, I can't post the .ai file on here for you to get it (only .jpeg). If you post me a private message with an email address I can upload it to my own webserver. Then I will email you the web address to download it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I use corel, and it won't cut white objects. I always use 10% black as white. Or you have to combine image so it cuts white parts out of black.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, Thank you Robert as I see that you have posted a .PNG file and an .EPS file of the vectored image. I wasn't aware that would work out. That's what I like about this forum... you never stop learning. To that end, I am going to try attaching the .Png file of the vector I did in Illustrator, seeing as how I had already made it a couple of nights ago. Well here goes....... :)

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
It won't cut anything if I use white object on white backround, like laser printer don't print white color either. Color doesn't matter, I could use pink and black for black%white images, but 10% black because it's close to white color so picture looks right on screen. With my cutter and Corel, I can use any color for cutting, except white, and can't use roundline or it will cut that hairline from both sides.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts