T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am printing with a epson 2200 onto masterjet transfer paper....the color transfers to the t-shirt with vibrant colors but after the first washing the color fades especially the black....is it possible that the ultra chrome inks for the 2200 are not as stable as other inks such as dura bright....any feedback would really help this newbe....we have been fulltime artists for over 35 years and i have to say this has been one difficult proccess to get a handle on...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Re: help

Hello Steve,
How long did you wait before washing the shirt? Most recommend waiting at least 24 hrs.
I have not use this paper or the ultra chrome ink, but, looks like the ink should be fine. Can't say of the paper. Maybe, someone has experience with these and can help you.

Darrell

·
Registered
122 Posts
Doing some research before I brought a new printer a few weeks ago, I came across a table on the Epson site with recommendations for their printers. They rated image quality for transfers with the dye based printers excellent, only "good" for the printers using Durabrite inks and "not recommended" for the Ultrachrome ink printers. This was all the transfer line. I could not find any reason given for the "not recommended" for transfers, but it is on the Epson site.

Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts