T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just bought a 7 x 16 foot enclosed trailer. I am going to start going to festivals and also just road side sales. I do vinyl graphics and Shirts.
I was hoping some one could tell me how they set their trailers up and what worked and what didn't. I will try and keep this posted as I progress and add photos. This could turn into a good guideline of ideas for trailer set ups so let get some going

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well I have done a few trailer setups myself, Wished I had some pictures. I have used a mix of store bought displays and adapted things to work that where designed for other purpose.
Just keep in mind things bounce around alot.

Here is a pictures of a trailer I just purchased and will doing a overhaul once I get it here, going to set it up to vend a varied product offering.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats a sweet trailer. I am gonna run with mine untill I can upgrade to like a nice toy hauler style. I just got a 8500 generator and gonna mount it tomorrow. I will try and post some pics soon. I am just like a few tables and lights away from a trial run.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ya I think I lucked out on this one, THey had it for awhile and had dropped the price. It has a Onan Generator and roof sign and asked the to add a awning over the side door.

Going to redo the colors on cabinets and add a counter with display built in on the left side of opening.

The main purpose for the trailer is for mobile showroom for my other business www.vertexairsoft.com to attend shows but think I will try a few festivals with heat press and transfers and cutter.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok took it out today for the first real run test. Set up in a small chain store and sold 33 shirts, 5 vehicle decals 20 or so logo decals and 10 decortive tiles. I was out for just under 6 hours in major heat.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes very much so. I average $17 profit a shirt that was over $500 just for shirts. All the other stuff I had premade so no real work on site for those but still a good profit. for 1/2 of work making over $700 is good to me

·
Registered
53 Posts
Progress Report on Mine....

Well went and picked my trailer up about mid June and here is my progress so far, I have my wrap layed out also...Had some issues with the onboard generator but got them worked out, Still need to put in radio since its wired for sound..

I went generic with the WRAP since I own several different type of business and the trailer will be used for multiple shows.

Attachments

·
Registered
864 Posts
I'll try to get some pics of mine....It does double duty.....It's my 40ft triple axle Drag Racing set up and our on-site screen printing shop. We do tons of car shows out west. We contract with show promoters to do on-site printing so there are never any "leftover" shirts..... Back in May we did a simple 4 color single sided shirt.at a single day event....sold them for 15.00 ea or 2 for 25.00.....after giving the promoter his share....we pocketed 9,250.00...we average between 6,500.00 to 10,000.00 an event.... all cash !!!!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Ok took it out today for the first real run test. Set up in a small chain store and sold 33 shirts, 5 vehicle decals 20 or so logo decals and 10 decortive tiles. I was out for just under 6 hours in major heat.

If you don't mind me asking. How easy was it to get permission to set up there, and how much did they charge you? Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you don't mind me asking. How easy was it to get permission to set up there, and how much did they charge you? Thanks
It was esay. some places just let me and it brings in more foot traffic to their location and others ask for a fee. The most I have paid was $40 but they also allowed me to use their electrical.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
It was esay. some places just let me and it brings in more foot traffic to their location and others ask for a fee. The most I have paid was $40 but they also allowed me to use their electrical.

That's great! Congrats on the good day. What type of shirts do you make on the spot like that?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have also considered the idea of just setting up also with one of the many products we offer and try that also.

We do a Fire Training Show where offer a print printed shirt along witha very wide selection of transfer shirts which has worked out well for us..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
That's great! Congrats on the good day. What type of shirts do you make on the spot like that?
I actually make direct print (white only) and vinyl custom shirts. Today I went out in front of big lots for 3 hours and made $295. I am liking this Gig so far.
P.S. and some pre printed transfers from like Art Brand

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I actually make direct print (white only) and vinyl custom shirts. Today I went out in front of big lots for 3 hours and made $295. I am liking this Gig so far.
P.S. and some pre printed transfers from like Art Brand

That is awesome! I have to admit I would never have thought you could just pull up to a Big Lots and get permission to do that, way to go!

How about a sales permit, do you just stay in your own town or do you get permits for others you go to as well?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts