T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am relatively new to embroidering. I bought the PE-750 about 6 mos ago and was running along fine until today. I attempted to embroider some baby burp cloths/diapers. The first one came out fine. On the second one, the needle broke and I got a wierd safety error message on my machine.

I changed the needle, rethreaded the machine, etc. and now I cannot get the machine to embroider properly.

The tension seems to be off or something is broken, not sure what... When I embroider now (regardless of the tension or fabric) I am getting bobbin thread on top and bobbin thread on the bottom. When I open up the top of the machine, it seems like the machine isn't even pulling the top thread into the design.

What the heck? Is this something simple I can fix or do I have to take it in to be looked at.

I finally have a whole bunch of orders for embroidered stuff on my desk and then this happens. Go figure!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Sounds to me like you threw off your hook timing when the needle broke. Put in a new needle and rotate the hook with the hand wheel. See if the needle hits the hook at all. If does the hook is out of time. If that is ok then thread the needle and bobbin and again use the hand wheel to rotate the hook. See if the hook picks up both the bobbin and top thread. If it doesn't again the hook is out of time.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds to me like you threw off your hook timing when the needle broke. Put in a new needle and rotate the hook with the hand wheel. See if the needle hits the hook at all. If does the hook is out of time. If that is ok then thread the needle and bobbin and again use the hand wheel to rotate the hook. See if the hook picks up both the bobbin and top thread. If it doesn't again the hook is out of time.
Ok, I will try that, but out of curiosity, if the hook is out of time, then what? Is that something I have to bring it in to repair??

·
Registered
14 Posts
try restarting the machine and then adjusting the bobbin tension. I wouldn't mess with the upper tension since your problem seems to be from the bottom side.

·
Registered
721 Posts
We also need to remember that when you break a needle, it's really important to find all the pieces! A little piece of needle left in the machine can cause untold misery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts