T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received an order from the Ohio of BSoA. We worked with them last year and it went GREAT, but it was a single-layer/color design, and the file I just received from the client was a GIANT-LEAP in detail and color.

QUESTION: Should we take the order by outsourcing to a 3rd party for the design, or would that inflate the price too much to make it worth going through the steps for such small profit margin?

LOGO: multi-color/layered with intricate coloration, angles, and levels of opacity

Attachments

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm curious, can you see your own attachment?
No oddly enough, I even went back shortly after originally posting and deleted + re-uploaded the file (which is a jpeg within the file-size allowed by TSF) and it wouldn't work.

It's a really colorful triangular overlapping design with a full color boy scouts logo overlaid on top with a fading white border

· Registered
195 Posts
Attachments aren't working.

Post your graphic on an image hosting site and post the link here just like this. Notice, those are square brackets.

I use imgs.fyi

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nah, outsource it. Let others get dirty hands and you pick your beer money.
We've used Stahl's transfer express as well as f&m in the past, LOVE those 15-cent plastisol transfers...BUT, as soon as we the design becomes a multi-color the price LITERALLY goes up by more than 1,000%.

Does anyone have any suggestions where we should either outsource for the project in total (provide apparel and production) or simply provide the transfers to use on our apparel (chest and across shoulder blades) for such a colorful design?

HERE'S A LINK TO THE FILE: https://drive.google.com/open?id=18GCn8ymykQqRfbD2uzKgvBzK4q-4R_G9

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you're printing on a white garment, I would go with dye sublimation. It needs to be polyester, but there is jersey poly that feels like cotton.

100% Poly is what the client is requesting, so white-subli is fine

There are companies where you can buy the transfers already printed, like plastisol transfers.

I know we've ordered from many of the companies in the past (listed above), but going with sublimation process seems more ideal, so what providers would you suggest we contact for quotes? THX
*Please see above

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Order fulfilled and completed (sublimated). The design was nice and customer was happy. Some parts of order fulfillment were similar to a flea-market wheel-and-deal, but ultimately it worked out.

Have a much bigger order we're working on now (triple digits), the client is considering single or 2-color front and back plastisol transfer or screen-print on either red or blue tri-blend.

Where else can we get quotes for order completion?

· Registered
1,521 Posts
Order fulfilled and completed (sublimated). The design was nice and customer was happy. Some parts of order fulfillment were similar to a flea-market wheel-and-deal, but ultimately it worked out.

Have a much bigger order we're working on now (triple digits), the client is considering single or 2-color front and back plastisol transfer or screen-print on either red or blue tri-blend.

Where else can we get quotes for order completion?
https://www.versatranz.com/

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
F&M Expressions for best price on one color transfers. I use them all the time for my orders.
We've used them many times in the past, predominantly the first-half of 2017 on some volume orders we fulfilled. We were pleased enough with the quality of the end-product to repeat business there, especially compared to their value overall.

The plastisol transfers had some cracking issues after just 2-3 washes by the customer in some isolated events, but the negative feedback was enough to make its way back to us. We replaced several garments and were happy to do so, but the profit margins shrunk quickly as we processed refunds.

After speaking at length with F&M yesterday, it became clear that they have a really wide safety net put in place that covers basically every scenario when the customers isn't thrilled with the product performance. The representative I spoke with (I won't use her name, because it's of course not personal, strictly a professional review) told me that quite frankly everything causes product-failure of F&M transfers (i.e., pillows, pressure, craft paper, Teflon sheets, SLIGHT variance in temperature, even 'factory Teflon coating' on high-quality machines like Stahl's Hotronix).

I politely explained all of those stumbling blocks in apparel production techniques would have been extremely helpful to include on a simple one-sheet of best-practices and methods with their outgoing packages. She then referred us to their help-desk page that is under-construction, and I asked if any of what we had been talking about for the last half-hour was on the help-desk page, and she said no.

That's could be chalked up to a normal expected business write-off and result of growing pains, but it's hard to reconcile that as an excuse since with so much red-tape and small-print even milk-cartons come with directions for use haha!

They do have very competitive pricing though!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.