T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

My name is Lee and im from Nelson New Zealand, I am very interested in designing my own t-shirts, but really have no idea how to start, i really dont know what to buy, is it heat press or screen priniting?? If anyone can suggest which is best, or a site, or a book on how to do these things, and what to buy it would be a great help!!!

Have a good weekend!:)

Many thanks!!

Lee!

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Hi Lee!

Welcome to the forums!

You will find a wealth of very helpfull information here!

I suppose the best method of printing depends on what designs you are planning to put on your shirts, what is your market, if you are doing one-offs/micro runs or 100's of them...
Heat transfers and dye-sublimation are better suited for small runs and full colour designs. Screen printing is for bigger quantities.

Say hello to beautifull Nelson for me and my husband (he grew up there in Stoke!).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey

thanks for replying, i really have no idea where to start, im just going to do baby tees, slogans etc. I heard that a heat press is better as im just going to start off small. But from there i have no clue how to use one??
Nelson is really beautiful, i just live down the road in richmond which isnt far from stoke!! small world!!
Thanks again!

Lee

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Hi Lee, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

There are many ways to start. You can go the do-it-yourself route by purchasing the printing equipment (heat press or screen printing depending on the method you prefer) or you can outsource the printing to a heat press or screen printer, or you could use one of the online fulfillment companies that will handle the printing/shipping/order taking for you (like cafepress, spreadshirt, etc).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts