T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI!

I'm pretty new at this and I want to learn so try to go easy on me with the terminology :D So I have a png file that I need to get ready for screenprint. It's fairly large so that should be helpful but It has a lot of tiny details that is quite hard to vectorize. If you can help me that'd be wonderful!

here is the image I need to vectorize. and btw i'm using illustrator. Also I need to keep it one color: black.

imgur: the simple image sharer

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello cuhREYzeh,

Welcome. If you’re looking for the same effect as the image you've shown don't waste time trying to vector it, bring it in to Photoshop. With some quick edits you’ll be ready to print seps in about 5 min. I will pm you with a link to a modified file of your image study it and notice the edits I did and of course use it if you'd like.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello cuhREYzeh,

Welcome. If you’re looking for the same effect as the image you've shown don't waste time trying to vector it, bring it in to Photoshop. With some quick edits you’ll be ready to print seps in about 5 min. I will pm you with a link to a modified file of your image study it and notice the edits I did and of course use it if you'd like.
Hi thank you so much for the help! the printer guy specifically asked for a vector but now i'm not so sure why... also I didn't receive anything from you. thanks again so much for the help!

·
Registered
30 Posts
He might of ask for vector because he can't print halftones (dots). I would convert this into a grayscale in photoshop and then let the printer output the halftone dots to his specifications. the halftone will allow you to simulate the different shades of black in your image.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.