T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, well, its like this.

I have a logo Idea that has many angles that Id like to take advantage of. I eventually want this to become my trademark/copyright. Im writing a book tonight with the many different design's in it, and I plan on copywriting that book of design's to cover my bases.

Ive visited a place here in town that said they could print out my designs if I brought it to them. But I want to know what is the best way to go about getting this done?

My logo is simple, a circle basically, and the design idea's are all black on white, white on black.

What can I purchase to do the designs myself and is it worth it?

I basically want to know, what is the best way to get t-shirt's of this fashion made?

Is there a particular price I should look on paying to get them mass produced?

What kind of shirt's are best for printing?

What are the differences between screening and pressing?

I really know nothing, and any advice would be more then I could thank you for.

~Atoms

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Re: Help a N00b with the basics plz!

Hi Atoms,

Caged_in_atoms said:
But I want to know what is the best way to go about getting this done?

My logo is simple, a circle basically, and the design idea's are all black on white, white on black.

A simple one color design like that can be easily screen printed, printed with plastisol transfers, or even heat pressed with inkjet transfers from your computer (for the white t-shirts with black ink).

What can I purchase to do the designs myself and is it worth it?
It'll be up to you to decide whether it's worth it to you to print them yourself or not. Some people are natural "do it yourselfers", and wouldn't have it any other way. Some people prefer to outsource the printing to focus on other areas of the business.

Depends on your goals, time available, cash available, skill level, etc.

You could buy a heat press setup to print the garments, or a screen printng setup to print the garments.

I basically want to know, what is the best way to get t-shirt's of this fashion made?

There is no "best" way :) Just whichever method you find will fit YOUR business needs best.

Some will print them themselves, some will use plastisol transfers, some will have them printed at a local screen printer. Just go through the costs/time/learning and figure out which you prefer.

Is there a particular price I should look on paying to get them mass produced?
Depends on what you mean by "mass" produced. Pricing will vary depending on quantity, print locations, garments used, etc.

What kind of shirt's are best for printing?
All different types of shirts. Browse through the Wholesale T-Shirts forum to read up on past topics that discuss different t-shirt brands and it will give you an idea of a few different samples to try:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17

What are the differences between screening and pressing?
I'll let someone else tackle that one. But you can find the answers in the forum in the meantime by browsing through past threads in the Screen Printing and Heat Press forums or by doing a keyword search :)

I really know nothing, and any advice would be more then I could thank you for.
My best advice would be to start browsing through the various forums here and reading past topics about things like Plastiol Transfers, Screen Printing, etc. That will help give you a good understanding of the different options available, and then from there we can help you with specific questions you may have :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts