T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first on 100% polyester so I'm not sure what I have done wrong. I washed after 48 hours and the same press mark still shows. I pressed on my transfer for 5 seconds like I have on my 50/50's and I did not see any mention in the instructions about poly. requiring anything different...

Any ideas/thoughts are appreciated :D

Regards, Bob

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Following my plastisol directions and going 350 for 5 seconds and pressure on my Phoenix Phire is a 3... 100% Cotton and 50/50's have been fine on the same settings but I'm guessing I should be changing something for 100% Poly...?!?!?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Yeah I would think so, you might also try covering it with a teflon sheet while pressing to keep the heating element off the shirt.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This just may have to be my sample shirt and I'll try another on the same shirt with a cover even though the plastisol directions mention NOT using one...

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
This just may have to be my sample shirt and I'll try another on the same shirt with a cover even though the plastisol directions mention NOT using one...

LOL! yeah I know but sometime you got to get outside the box and look inside, flop the shirt over and give it a try can't hurt anything except eat up another transfer.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
If it's not perfect - it can't be shown to anyone as a sample of what you do.

I'd cut up this shirt and use it as test swatches.

Everytime you use a new type of transfer or different fabric you may need to adjust your settings and do some tests to figure out what works for you. It's a good idea to write down your findings - not always manufactures instructions work for everyone the same way.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, this will be my "sample" shirt for this project as in I will have to "sample" multiple methods in hopes of getting it right... :D

If it's not perfect - it can't be shown to anyone as a sample of what you do.

I'd cut up this shirt and use it as test swatches.

Everytime you use a new type of transfer or different fabric you may need to adjust your settings and do some tests to figure out what works for you. It's a good idea to write down your findings - not always manufactures instructions work for everyone the same way.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just think it's the type of polyester as it doesn't like heat in any fashion. With little to no pressure (1 on my Phoenix) and a sheet covering the entire platen and still the same result over and over...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts