T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am an artist who was surfing around trying to help a fellow artist prepare his art for color separations. The t-shirt production company wants 4 color separations in PDF format. Found this forum but didn't really find an answer to this question yet. Anyway, hello there. :)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Albert, the art has to be created in a vector drawing, programs like CS and Corel can export as a PDF. When you go to print and tell it to do separations it auto does it, just make sure you use the same pantone color on all reds. blues etc.
John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That makes sense. I was wondering if it had to be vector art. I have Illustrator CS. My friend was kind of hoping to do art from Photoshop based on the four color separations. Originally he is doing the artwork in artrage. So I guess the pixel based won't work. I didn't know that. Thanks.
I have another artist friend who does actual screen printing on paper from Photoshop. Each screen represents a color. I will have to find out how he does that.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Photo shop creates raster art,( bit map) CS and Corel do vector. If you want it screen printed you need vector for two reasons, resizing and color separations. If its for DTG its my understanding the best file to send is in RGB in TIFF or PNG as they have no background. I hope that helps, John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts