T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to introduce myself. Ed is my name and I've been screen printing since 1981. I have a small one man operation that pays the bills while I can still raise and watch my kids grow up while the wife is working at her job. Hopefully I can help anyone with questions about screen printing in the small shop scenario or just tell a joke or two.
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Hi Ed, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

while I can still raise and watch my kids grow up while the wife is working at her job.
Sounds like we're in a similar situation :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool Rodney. We will have to get a dialogue going. It is always nice to talk with another ink distribution technologist.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Nick. How is it down under? Winter time isn't it? Here we've been sweltering in the 100's for over a week now. Nice to be able to communicate with all screenprinters. Hope to keep a diague going or just tell a few good jokes or whatever. Ed

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
It's cold and depressing me :)

But I'm for the UK originally, so an Aussie winter is actually more like a British spring, and quite nice :)

I think the UK was 39C yesterday, the highest temp on record. You can always tell when we hit a record, as people start dying....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
France had some heat related passings as well. Sad. I gotta go for now but well talk later. Thanks for the greeting as well. Ed

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yep, pretty hot for us Brits here at the moment :) Can't complain.

Welcome Ed!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the welcome Adam. Took a while to get back online, the heat and all. Looking forward to conversing with all.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mainly direct to garment or textile printing. I have done transfers that were pre-printed "backwards", then heat pressed the image onto a tee shirt. Iron on designs that came with cereal like Capn' Crunch were ironed on using a wax paper in between the pellon that had the design and the substrate. The iron was on a low heat and you continuosly ironed all over the design for a while till the image would transfer. Then you had a decorated shirt! The best has always been direct printing. Thanks for the welcome and sorry if I went to far in explaining what I do

·
Registered
227 Posts
edzts said:
Just wanted to introduce myself. Ed is my name and I've been screen printing since 1981. I have a small one man operation that pays the bills while I can still raise and watch my kids grow up while the wife is working at her job. Hopefully I can help anyone with questions about screen printing in the small shop scenario or just tell a joke or two.
[email protected]
Welcome to the forum Ed.. Nice to see another Screen Printer on Board... Look forward to your input.... Chuck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts