T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about starting a t shirt business does anyone have any advice? especially if they are more geared towards designer t shirts using an artist im thinking I may have to make them locally at first but eventually if I wanted to find someone who could make a larger quantity. For cheaper any ideas who to use that uses good quality cotton and materials?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whatever would be best for designs made by an actual artist with great color and some shirts may have texture with siver or gold highlights just in the brainstorming phase right now kinda looking for general advice though as well

· Registered
838 Posts
The industry is very competitive. I would start out with an idea in design and have someone else do the fabrication for you. If you can get to the point where you are able to have a steady flow of product ideas and customers willing to buy them, then consider doing the manufacture yourself to decrease costs (unless you have no interest in the fabrication side). If you can design product that customers are willing to buy, you are in business.

· Registered
416 Posts
I will recommend you do a lot of reading in this forum for different techniques, wording, suppliers, pricing tips, legalities and a whole bunch more info.

You also need to find your niche market and plan to target them accordingly. The clothing market is extremely oversaturated and for every niche market, there are usually many brands trying to get those sales.

I would recommend finding a brand you like and breaking that brand down in the many different aspects of what makes them special. From branding, to social media interactions, pricing and such.

What you want to do is simple but extremely difficult, you want to beat them at their own game. Therefore you will have to spend lots of time studying others and learning what to do and what not to do.

When it comes to artistic type of apparel, direct to garment printing(dtg) will probably give you the most detailed options. There are many good dtg printers in this forum, I myself have been in talks with treefox2118 for some dtg services and he seems extremely reasonable with his pricing.

Search the forum for different techniques, think about which one will work best and then dig deeper into the suppliers, printers, pricing and such.

Good luck!!

Sent from my HTC One X using T-Shirt Forums

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.