T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello! im new to this forum.
im starting a t shirt company and i am lost on how to do so. if anyone has any suggestions please please please help!
thanks alot

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well....i need help with alot of things...
to begin..

establishing my company as a company.
do i get a vendors lisence or what? what legal things do i have to do to sell my shirts?

starting a website....how do i get the money from people what services do i use like paypal...i hear bad things about them but im so new at this i dont know any other services that are out there.

i know i want to do heat transfers at first...but is that the best idea? i do have a small budget and would have to buy a press and what not.
and to print them can i go to like kinko's and have them print on the heat transfer paper?

do i NEED a business plan...i wrote up what my expenses would be and what not but do i need the whole business plan?

sorry if i sound like an idiot...ive never done this before.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Easy, take a breath! Breathe. Most everyone here will help. It will be alright!
You don't sound like an idiot, just eager.
Now, 1st thing: Do you have a market segment in mind? Who are your customers and will they want to spend their dollars on your product? Very important. It is not always what you want, but what do they want.

2: Do you have your own designs or are you planning to use pre-made transfers? If you are going to make your own, do you have the computer program to design them in? There are several that you can use, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Coral, etc...

3: Heat press will be fine, if that is the way you want to go. You can make your designs, print them out on transfer paper and with a heat press, transfer them to a white or light colored shirt. Search these forums, much information within these walls!

4: As for your company, it really depends on where you are. You can call your "County Clerk's" office and they should be able to point you in the right direction as far as registering as a DBA (Doing Business As). You will have to collect and pay taxes as per the state you live in, so you need a tax ID number, which is good to have to gain access to wholesale pricing from apparel dealers to purchase your shirts or whatever.

5: A business plan may not be necessary, but can be a good idea, just to know where you are going and how to get there.

If you have a plan, many here will help put into action.
Good luck.
Darrell

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright sounds like i can do those things.
i do my own art work and work in illustrator and photoshop..
ill call the clerks office and go from there
thanks alot man
kate

·
Registered
27 Posts
For the legal aspects. You need to register your business and get all the necessary tax forms for your state and federal. You can check it out on your state's goverment homepage, usually they will point you to all the forms or who to contact for them as well as a FAQ area that you should research about.

As for heat pressing. I'm not in that area so I don't know much about it. There are alot of people here experienced with that. You can fish through the forums and most of your questions would prob. be answered already.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts