T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been lurking on this forum for quite some time and I'm amazed at all the help and info that is given by so many. Thanks so much!! I am interested in sublimation. Looking forward to getting to know you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Loretta! I'm sure I will be asking lots of questions. lol My biggest issue at the moment is deciding on a printer. Going back and forth between the Ricoh SG3110 and the WF 7010. This is probably not the correct place to ask this but if anyone sees this post your opinions will be greatly appreciated!! :)

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Susan, for sublimation go with an Epson workforce 1100 if you can find one. They were discontinued but some are still available. I'll send you a PM with some additional information about ink. You can get really nice sublimation transfer paper from Havir Americas. You can email Octavio at sublimation[USER=97915]@HA[/USER]viramericas.com. I just recently started using their paper and it is the best I've used yet. And it isn't expensive. The colors really show up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again Loretta! Also sent you a pm but not sure you got it. Maybe I didn't do it right. lol Where I am looking to purchase, the 1100 isn't available and they have recommended the WF7010. It's the same place you told me about. Do you have any input on this printer? Thanks too for the info re the sublimation paper. Will send an email for more info right away.
Susan

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
If it is cobra who is telling you to go for this other printer, then I would take their advice. I know nothing about this other printer at all, so I can't offer any advice on the subject. All I know is you need a pigment printer and one that is top fed rather than bottom fed through a drawer. And preferably Epson because of the print heads they use.

I did get your PM and sent you another one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ugh! The 7010 is bottom fed thru a drawer so once again I am undecided about what to do. Are there lots of problems because of the bottom fed paper tray? Thanks again for your help!

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
It has to curl the paper to feed it. I'm not sure off hand what the problem is with them. I know the all in one printer of mine that just died had a bottom tray and paper jams were pretty frequent. You can go to the epson website and see what kind of top feeders they have that use durabrite ink (that's the pigment ink). I'd tell you to look into a 1400, but they got rid of that one too and it's replacement is also a bottom feeder. But again make sure you can get the refillable ink carts.

If you want to stay with small things I would suggest the Epson C88+. Paper wise it will only take 8.5" x 14" max. Where the 1100 takes up to 11" x 17" or banners.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.