T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, stumbled upon this site the other day - great stuff - we've recently started a T-shirt brand, our angle on is that we've taken the eco/ethical route - all T-shirts are 100% organic cotton, and made responsibly to our specifications.
check out our site - www.glo4life.com, and let us know what you think about it all (site/designs etc) - there's an info page on organic cotton for those who haven't come across this before.

we're based in Wales, UK - but can ship worldwide - we're currently working on a shop for US customers. we take payment via PayPal - would like to know your thoughts on this...some people like it/others don't!
:)

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Hi Damian_design, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

I think it's always good to have a "niche" for your t-shirts. It definitely makes advertising and promotion much easier.

You have some great designs in your shop (my favorite is the Angry Ants). I would have bought that shirt if it wasn't a slim fit XL.

If you are selling to the US market, I would suggest adding XXL shirts to your lineup (especially if you are using slim fit shirts).

Best of luck with your shop!

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I was kind of wonderinf if the 'anti-pollution' shirts were supposed to actually, well, mean anything? They seem kind of random and without any message to me... which is fine, but didn't seem to fit the concept you were trying to convey.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rodney said:
If you are selling to the US market, I would suggest adding XXL shirts to your lineup (especially if you are using slim fit shirts).
thanks for the comments - and the XXL is something we are looking at, not just for the US market, but also here in the UK...too much supersize me going on!
but need to generate some income from what stock I've alreday got!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Twinge said:
I was kind of wonderinf if the 'anti-pollution' shirts were supposed to actually, well, mean anything? They seem kind of random and without any message to me... which is fine, but didn't seem to fit the concept you were trying to convey.
Hi Twinge
they're not necesserily 'anti-pollution' shirts - to us, they are cool urban-influenced, well illustrated designs that people can relate to...it's the urban market we're aiming at, even though we use organic cotton!
the general public may not care whether it's organic or not (most of our customers to date, do!) - but we care - we want to put cool T-shirts out there that don't cost the 'earth' (the price is comparative over here for indy t-shirt labels!)

but the 'anti-polution' thing does tie in with organic - 'cos that's the whole point...not to pollute!

would appreciate any other comments you may have that might help clarify our position as explained above.

thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Damian_Design, I use PayPal to accept payments on my site www.Logo-Mechanix.com and I read some negative comments when I was researching how to I would be able to bill my customers and accept payment in multiple forms. I have not had any of the problems I read about so maybe they worked those out. So far so good.

John

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Regarding Paypal -- I've seen numerous complaints about Paypal seizing people's accounts for stupid reasons and other difficlties; there was even a class-action lawsuit against them. However, I have not yet seen anything else even CLOSE to having a comprable fee for accepting credit cards for a small business, so I will have to stick with Paypal it seems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts