T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

i'm interested in this business, and need some advise how to startin the business. i hope you can help me.. thanks

adios... :)

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Step 1. Print t-shirts.
Step 3. Profit.

I think that's how it works...

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Solmu said:
Step 1. Print t-shirts.
Step 3. Profit.

I think that's how it works...
The important Step 2 that Solmu missed is weeks of hard grind, top end designs, outlay for equipment, website design, begging wholesale suppliers, marketing, and the odd prayer. :)

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
monkeylantern said:
The important Step 2 that Solmu missed is weeks of hard grind, top end designs, outlay for equipment, website design, begging wholesale suppliers, marketing, and the odd prayer. :)
See, this is what happens when you learn everything you know from the South Park School of Business - I knew I was missing something!

Joking aside though legalizemood, the best thing to do is to read up on specific information (things like these forums) and general information (things like small business guides, local mentor programs, etc.). Once you've learnt a bit about how the business runs, you'll know what specific questions you can ask that people can help you out with.

"How do I start a business?" is a bit too general.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys..
i'll always do the odd prayer and hard grind hehe.. and also the 2nd blank step.. hehe..
i think i'll start with begging the wholesale suppliers.. (thanks monkeylantern)it's hard for me to find out supplier who can handle international shipping and obviously with lower price (under us$2, for anvil or gildan), especially to my country.. yeah.. too many cyber crime here... :mad:

btw, what supplier do you guys usually use? thanks

adios.. ;)

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Hmmm, instead of trying for wholesalers, if may be useful to try actual large scale screenprinters. Indonesia has many, many screenprinters, often at a very low price. Many use Gildan etc.

They may also sell blanks. If not, there must be a Gildan agent somewhere....else how can they get their supplies, and sill be cheap?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
legalizemood said:
it's hard for me to find out supplier who can handle international shipping and obviously with lower price (under us$2, for anvil or gildan), especially to my country.
Living just south of you (in Australia) I know what you mean about the international shipping (although I understand Indonesia has it even worse).

http://blanktshirt.com/ does Gildan blanks @ USD$1.50ea for white and $2.10ea for colours. I know they ship internationally, though I don't know whether or not they ship to Indonesia specifically. I haven't actually ordered from them before.

Those prices aren't as good as the top US distributors, but they aren't that far behind and most US distributors won't ship internationally.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
monkeylantern said:
. Indonesia has many, many screenprinters, often at a very low price. Many use Gildan etc.
yup, there are many screenprinters here with cheap price, and they usually provide blank t-shirt, but it's rarely to get a screenprinter who can provide much colours with good quality, unless i take special order (minimal order about 500 t-shirt) from manufacture and i'll get whatever i want in color, size, thick. meanwhile, i've only have 300 bucks (US) as capital for start.. hehehe.. (start for a very very small business)

i don't think there is clothing use gildan etc in here. majority of clothing co. here use local product, but the quality (thick, durable, colors) is different from imported t-shirt, and the main different between local t-shirt and imported t-shirt etc. is on the sewing side. i mean indonesian t-shirt has side sewing from the armpit to bottom on both side, meanwhile as far as i know, imported t-shirt doesn't have it.

btw, thanks for the link solmu, i'll try... and for you two guys, i appriciate your comments and advise..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts