T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice to meet y'all. Can we get down to business?

I am not a screen printer, I am a seamstress, but I need to make labels for my stuff and I am thinking screen printing is the way to go.

I have a question for any experts out there:

I want to screen print some washable labels on 100% cotton woven, not knit, fabric with plastisol. Washability and longevity of the label is key!

Each label for each individual item to which it will be attached is different! I know, crazy, but necessary. Which is why I need to do this myself - too expensive to get a professional to do it.

A home iron on the highest setting will reach approx. 400 degrees.

If I screen print a small label, say up to 6"x6", and dry it to the touch with a heat gun (which I already have), do you think I can properly cure it with a home iron - actually 2 home irons placed to cover the entire print area?

If this is not possible, could those of you who are running printing businesses tell me if a screen printer would cure product for someone like me? Is that a thing???
Hi, I screen printed these labels, can I pay you to cure them for me?

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

eag1

· Registered
10 Posts
So not sure anyone would want to do this as a screen printer, because of the hassle the price would be ridiculous. But if you do this yourself and want to cure the ink with the heat gun you may want to invest in a heat temperature gun as well. As long as the heat reaches the curing point you should be ok. I would do a few test and make sure you achieve the desired temp and then wash out the garmets a few times to make sure the ink is cured. So my suggestion is doing them yourself and save cash, but it won't be easy and you'll need a temp gun to make sure the curing temp is reached.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.