T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted here only once before, but thought I would introduce myself. My name is Tim. I live in Los Angeles. By day I work in the the film and television business using my wide variety of skills (visual effects, design, music, sound, and even producing). My wife has worked in the fashon business for over a decade (working for a very large colthing company). This year we decided to start our own line of baby clothing. We are both into the rock/metal/punk/goth type of fashon. When we had our son we had a hard time finding cool clothes (black and darker colors with skulls and other fun stuff) in baby sizes. We have many friends that are also into these kind of things and we know there are a bunch more out there. There are a few folks out there who do it (mainly rock band t-shirts and onesies), but we wanted to take it to the next level. I bought a nice 4 color table top screenprinting press and relearned the art of screen printing (I origonally learned how to do it in high school). I spent a few weeks designing and re-designing until we had the first designs to roll out. We now have 15 different designs that we will be releasing a few at a time (I am doing all of the screenprinting myself in my spare time (which because of my real job is limited to a few hours a night after the wife and kid go to bed). We are waiting on our paperwork back from the state of california, and our tags we are currently having made. In around 2 months we will be ready to start shipping. We are not expecting to set the fashon world on fire, but we feel we have a niche that few are currently doing. By the way the brand will be called Little-Monsters. I also have my own brand for older folks called Monstrous. I have a few celeb and rockstar friends that I recently gave some stuff to to get it out there.

Not to be too long winded, I was glad to find this site. This has some of the best information on this crazy shirt making stuff.

Here are a few pics of our test samples. Let me know what you think.

-T

·
Registered
62 Posts
Those are very, very cool. And going the rock star, celebrity route is a sure winner if you can make it happen. Get one in Angelina's hands...and fast.

I have seen other rock, goth, bad boy/girl kind of tees. How do you plan to set yourself apart and how do you plan to market yourself?

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
LaMamaHen said:
I have seen other rock, goth, bad boy/girl kind of tees. How do you plan to set yourself apart and how do you plan to market yourself?
for sure there is a Darkside Market.

we have a client that also has a day job and pts his t-shirts. Every few weeks he comes in and orders 1 color transfers of his design ( a different one everytime ). He has a thingee going on with a local Goth Fetish club where the club owners buys 3-4 dozen of his shirts ( $ 10 ea. ) and the club staff wear them, sell off or gives away the extras etc... on the back of the shirt is where the club owner promotes the night event. ( $ 400-500 for a club owners is peanuts ). :)

This works out good cause on a 12x14 transfers sheet the front & back designs fit.

This has been going on for about a year, now All his designs are in a custom t-shirts place ( the transfers only ), so that's where he sends peeps who want his designs on shirts.... the additonal bonus is that clients can customize their own shirt this way.

just 1 idea to get out on to the sceen....

best of luck. :D

woops, sorry. I miss read your post, the club promo wont work with kiddy shirts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The pics are not very good at showing the detail of the designs. Heres a link to some of my screen designs. These screenprinted shirts and hoodies are only part of what we are doing. We also have some slick button up toddeler dress shirts in the works. We only do these in small quanties. A few dozen of each at a time. no 2 batches are exactally the same.

http://www.little-monsters.com/LM-screens.html

-T

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
...had a look at your HREF sample designs page.

huuu, very scary, the skulls look so real. Are those samples printed on knits or are they digital files.

you are a great artist by the way.

why do you choose to create darkside designs ?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Tmon said:
Here are a few pics of our test samples. Let me know what you think.
Good stuff. My favourite is the day of the dead-esque (first design), followed by the banknote design.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Very cool designs! Thanks for posting an "intro"

:welcome:

Got any Pirate type stuff? My 3 year old (daughter) is crazy into pirates right now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the positive resopnses (I got alot of emails). Things have been crazy in my day job for the last week (currently shooting a film), I'll answer all of your questions and emails as soon as I get a chance.
Rodney, Ive actually got alot of pirate type of requests. Here is one I'm working on.

-T

1 - 8 of 8 Posts