T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
What do you need to know. sometimes the worst case scenario is you don't know what you need to know? But then again neither does anyone else, are you starting to print? are you an artist? are you just a girl walking down the street... sometimes if you post specifics you get specifics, otherwise you just get jerks like me
dlac

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do dye sublimation printing but on different mediums, like skateboard decks, rugs etc. I thought this would be a good place to gather info on whats going on in this industry and just get random information. Its interesting to read the posts.

·
Registered
508 Posts
dye sub skate board decks

A long time ago in a world far far away I worked for a guy in florida that did a lot of the graphics on (or should say in) surfboards. We printed on rice paper and then when they laid up the board the laminate, epoxy, absorbed soaked into the rice paper leaving the ink we printed, It looked as though the art was part of the lay up.. which of course it was
dlac

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: dye sub skate board decks

Sweet! We don't use rice paper, but same principal.
Was yours printed digitally or offset? You really can get more punch for your dollar with 4 color process, that you just can't do with screen printing. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
508 Posts
We screenprinted it.. but if 4C process is your bag you ought to look into having someone like Dowling Graphics In clearwater florida make transfers for you, not economical for short runs but if you get up in the 100+ area you will be suprised how reasonable it can be...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts