T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am new to the group. I joined the group for I am in the middle of starting to cry....I have 2 excellent canon printers but I printed out a very colorful graphic each paper quality way and it comes out with dots down the middle. I printed it on regular paper and it is fine.

So I tried printing the transfer on all settings and they all had dots down the side.
I
talked to canon and they said they only made the settings for their transfer paper. Can someone please tell me if I need to just go get a new printer I have 5 tshirts I need to get out this weekend.
hugs
Chrissy

·
Registered
93 Posts
It's either buy their paper or buy a printer? Ugh.

What kind of dots? color? how big? It almost sounds like the serial code crap they print is showing up only on the transfer paper. I thought only large companies and expensive printers did that though..

Anyway, are you using the OEM inks with those Canon printers? I'd suggest purchasing an Epson with Durabrite inks 'cause they're pigmented and will last longer with better quality, especially if you're going to be doing transfers from here on out. I've never attempted to use a Canon for transfers but I guess word from the manufacturer has some credence. I wish I could help there.

B.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes but they don't sell it any more. I hae the Pixma780 and the canon Pixmai4000 I cannot believe the quality.

I was told by a friend she had an epson and the graphic turned out yellow on the transfers.
So I don't know what to do.
hugs
Chrissy

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think the yellowing is a problem people have encountered before and can be overcome with color settings adjustment. Search the forums for it maybe if you're thinking of going that way. I took my C86 out of the box and haven't had a problem with it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello I tried sending you the pic of what the image looks like after printing they are tiny pin prick dots. It keeps saying the file is too big. Tried resizing but same thing

I went and got a hp1510 last night it is going back it did the same thing. What model epson should I get. I am going this evening to get it.

I tried using paint shop pro to print it , picture it, and Microsoft digital imaging all with the same result but when i use regular paper it is fine. I have the canon inkjet printers
hugs
Chrissy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts