T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

You can call me Alex. Soon, I will create my own T-shirt company. I do not have any experience. This forum seems to be very friendly and instructive. I am sure that my questions will get appropriate answers. I am a french speaking person. I probably do some grammatical mistakes, scuse me... I will do my best! ;)

Have a nice day!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

Could someone help me please? I would like to know if the equipment that I am about to buy is a good one for an entreprise who will sell approximately two or three hundreds tee-shirts and sweatshirts by year...

There is the equipment in question:
- Inkjet: Epson Stylus Photo R1800
- Heat press: Hix Presto 15
- Scanner: ScanJet 4850 Photo

Thank you! It is appreciated...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Viau said:
Thank you!

Could someone help me please? I would like to know if the equipment that I am about to buy is a good one for an entreprise who will sell approximately two or three hundreds tee-shirts and sweatshirts by year...

There is the equipment in question:
- Inkjet: Epson Stylus Photo R1800
- Heat press: Hix Presto 15
- Scanner: ScanJet 4850 Photo

Thank you! It is appreciated...
Welcome!! You will be able to find the answers to any questions you may have here, someone will either be able to answer them, or point you to a thread that has the answers you are looking for!! This is a great place for learning =)

I personally choose an EpsonCX7800 - the most important thing about printers.. is getting one with pigment ink, my epson came with Durabrite ink - which IS pigment.. If you get a printer without pigment ink.. You will most likely need to get a bulk ink system and use the pigment inks anyways.. Going with one that already comes with it, is a good place to start in my opinion...

I don't know much about the Hix products... I'm sure someone else will... for a heat press, I personally choose a 15x15 Mighty Press.. so far it works great and is just what we needed...

As far as the scanner.. the epson printer I got DOES have a scanner on it.. its more of an all-in-one type machine.. the difference between this model, and the "upper" scale model.. is this model was able to scan negatives.. and the other couldnt.. and this model also has the card slots for digital cameras etc.. and the other didnt.. Why the other is more money.. I'll never know - but even the gal at epson suggested I go with the 7800 - more features.. and 20-40 bucks cheaper...

Hope this helps - you can also search the forum for answers on start up machinery..

Good Luck and Happy Holidays!
Ambrelee

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Ambrelee! It helps me a lot.

But, I have some other questions:
1. Is the dpi resolution of the inkjet and scanner really matters?
2. I want an inkjet who has a good maximum printing dimension, do you know a great inkjet who has one of 13 or 15 x 15? The on that I am about to buy cost a lot because of that... However, for the other things she is like the Epson Stylus C88+.
3. Is cotton is more durable than polyester?

PS: Forgive my bad english!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Viau said:
1. Is the dpi resolution of the inkjet and scanner really matters?
Doesn't matter on the output of the inkjet.

Higher native (optical) resolution of the scanner will help when you need to scan something really small and print it very big.

Viau said:
2. I want an inkjet who has a good maximum printing dimension, do you know a great inkjet who has one of 13 or 15 x 15? The on that I am about to buy cost a lot because of that... However, for the other things she is like the Epson Stylus C88+.
You will pay more for the large output size. I use an Epson 1280 that prints up to 13" x 44". I use a different ink for heat press. (The 1280 doesn't come with durabrite or pigment ink) The C88 is a good printer to get your business started, buy a second larger printer when you determine you need it.

Viau said:
3. Is cotton is more durable than polyester?
Cotton is much cheaper than polyester, most people choose to wear cotton over poly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally, I have buy this equipement:
- a MTP100 (heat press from MTP Transfers ltd) I got it for a great price. Do you know it?
- an Epson C88+ (printer)

I will wait a little bit for the scanner.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi, I tried to create my own t-shirt business, but my equipments and my knowledge were insufficient. I will try to increase them in the next months with your help.

I made some researches on the subject, but I did not find answers to all my questions.

First, I would like to know if self cutting transfer papers only work with dye-sublimation inks and on light t-shirts (answers often vary so I ask).

Secondly, which method (between sublimation and heat transfers) offers the best value for money according to you.

Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts