T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just thought id make a quick introduction to everyone here :)

so... hello im shaun ^-^

im on these forums seeking advice, but i was born with an amazing talent called common sense so dont worry, there shouldnt be too many nooby questions from me

anyway nice meeting you all :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Shaun and welcome, what kind of things are you gonna do?
hey, well my girlfriend is interested in opening a market stall selling her custom made T-shirts she has lots of Designs that shes created, and hopefuly she wants to be able to put requested designs on them too.

problem is, we only know the 'iron on' method so im hoping to find out all the different methods that can be used and the cheapest ways to do them.

im currently leaning towards buying an heatpress and doing it that way, then we can set up the printer and heatpress on the stall and do them there and then.

if you have any information or advice it would be greatly appreciated

thankyou

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
It depends how many colours are in the design, if they are complicated with many colours then it might be better getting transfers made by companies such as target transfers, they will be better quality and last longer than home printed transfers, you will need a heat press to apply them.

Simple designs with one or two colours counld be done the same way or with a vinyl cutter, again better quality and may different colours/textures/effects. Have a look at xpres or themagictouch for examples.

Also have a look at printwearandpromotion.co.uk for info and suppliers lists, sign up for the free magazine as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It depends how many colours are in the design, if they are complicated with many colours then it might be better getting transfers made by companies such as target transfers, they will be better quality and last longer than home printed transfers, you will need a heat press to apply them.

Simple designs with one or two colours counld be done the same way or with a vinyl cutter, again better quality and may different colours/textures/effects. Have a look at xpres or themagictouch for examples.

Also have a look at printwearandpromotion.co.uk for info and suppliers lists, sign up for the free magazine as well.
ive seen a few people talking about vinyl cutter, what is this method? im buying a small heatpress (A4 sized) in a week or so for home transfers, it would come in handy for on the stall too, i was also thinking about screen prints with dyes and stuff im not sure yet

by the way, does anyone ever use the chat function on here, ive been on for ages haha

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Shaun,
A vinyl cutter just cuts shapes out that can be heat-pressed, you'll want one pretty soon.
And no, no-one chats afaik.
thanks, ill have a look into it, im going to buy a few things once i get my paid so im basicly just doing research and reading up on things until then.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
You could do with getting the biggest press you can afford or you will find you will need to udgrade once you get started. Vinyl cutters are very versatile, you can do full front designs or small logos, even labels for the inside of your shirts. You can also do rhinestone templates.

Screen printing is whole different ball game, you need space, money, time, money, equipment, more money and a lot of learning/trial and error. If you know nothing about it, get a screen printer to do your printing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You could do with getting the biggest press you can afford or you will find you will need to udgrade once you get started. Vinyl cutters are very versatile, you can do full front designs or small logos, even labels for the inside of your shirts. You can also do rhinestone templates.

Screen printing is whole different ball game, you need space, money, time, money, equipment, more money and a lot of learning/trial and error. If you know nothing about it, get a screen printer to do your printing.
yeah, i had a quick look at screen printing and figured outsourcing would be a wise option lol

im interested in the vinyl cutting method though, luckily my basement has been kitted out to 'living' standards, if you get me (carpets plastered and painted walls etc) so im thinking of using that as a workshop sort of speak, i was thinking maybe get a larger heatpress to put in the workshop and using a smaller one for the actual stall. im definately going to research the vinyl cutter method though, it sounds cheaper and easier and most of all, if ive got it right, ill be able to use the templates over and over again?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts