T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
48 Posts
Welcome. I can't say I enjoyed the shirts as much as I enjoyed the girls wearing the shirts. How did you get such georgous girls to model your shirts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm lucky to have such a beautiful sibling. :) She's breaking into modeling. I'm breaking into business. We help each other out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
Great site, I like your t-shirts. Some contact information would be good on the site, customers always tend to roam around to find that plus shipping prices before they purchase.

Maybe you can introduce Shannon to Bills t-shirtmodels.com?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27,700 Posts
Welcome to the T-Shirt Forums, fathamstergirl! Your site is very nicely designed and your designs seem well thought out, I think you'll do well!

I have to agree with Adam though, online shoppers like to see contact information for businesses that want their money. They want to know they can contact them if something goes wrong with their order or payment and they like to see that information is easy to find.

In the long run, adding that information should help your sales. If you don't have a business address or phone yet, you may want to start with a PO BOX or private mail box at a Mailboxes, etc. The mailing address and easy to find email address would be a good start. A phone number is ideal, but not everyone does it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
FatHamsterGirl said:
Nice to meet everyone. I hope you enjoy my tees as much as I will enjoy yours! Fat Hamster Tees
Hi Hamster girl,

Your site is very clean and easy to use. You may want to integrade the option of paypal as well as credit cards. Seems like a lot of t-shirt buyers buy from ebay already and have paypal accounts. Just a thought. The photos are very clean and entertaining for sure. I can see your designs doing well in boutiques. I like the skull w/ the bow. Very Paul Frankish... The prices seem high but you must know from a girls point of view that they can sell for that. My wife buys jeans for $175 so a shirt for $26 is nothing to her though she is picky about the cut of shirts. Are you using any certain brand of t-shirt? Seems like most people are using american apparel these days. I found another kewl shirt company called alternative apparel online. Oh, and next level in LA makes some nice girls shirts too...

Anyway,
Im glad to see you have so many responses. Nice to be a cute girl I guess... Lots of perks!

Seth

P.S. You may have done this on purpose but "shopping" cart is misspelled on the website.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Twinge said:
Your prices are a bit higher than the average, so I'm curious if you're still selling well? You do have a nice store setup, and I imagine the your sister modeling could potentially bring in extra sales.

Haha, Yup, I'm pretty new to this whole thing. I jumped in feet first. I think they're charging me 30.00 per month for the shopping cart and 50.00 for the gateway fees and all that.

No, they're not selling that great right now. I have high hopes but I can't really afford to go lower. I didn't buy too many of each, only about 6 or 7 of each size in each design because I didn't want to break myself.

I really wish I had found this forum months ago!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sethmats said:
Hi Hamster girl,

Your site is very clean and easy to use. You may want to integrade the option of paypal as well as credit cards. Seems like a lot of t-shirt buyers buy from ebay already and have paypal accounts. Just a thought. The photos are very clean and entertaining for sure. I can see your designs doing well in boutiques. I like the skull w/ the bow. Very Paul Frankish... The prices seem high but you must know from a girls point of view that they can sell for that. My wife buys jeans for $175 so a shirt for $26 is nothing to her though she is picky about the cut of shirts. Are you using any certain brand of t-shirt? Seems like most people are using american apparel these days. I found another kewl shirt company called alternative apparel online. Oh, and next level in LA makes some nice girls shirts too...

Anyway,
Im glad to see you have so many responses. Nice to be a cute girl I guess... Lots of perks!

Seth

P.S. You may have done this on purpose but "shopping" cart is misspelled on the website.
Wow THANK YOU! It's great to have another pair of critical eyes. All the times I've gone over everything I hadn't even noticed that it's mispelled.....or did I? (tee hee)

Does anyone know of a great screen printer BTW? I am using Custom Ink. They have given me great product and offer 100% guarantee. I love the feel of their screens....it's a bit rubbery and not hard or shiny.....

But they do charge a bit much I think and if I get a large shipment from them I have to make sure I pull out every single tee to make sure the text isn't crooked.....I've had to send a two whole orders back because the text was crooked.

Any ideas?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27,700 Posts
FatHamsterGirl said:
Does anyone know of a great screen printer BTW? I am using Custom Ink.
I know of a few good ones, but I'm probably biased :)

As far as shopping carts go, I have heard good things about oscommerce as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rodney said:
I know of a few good ones, but I'm probably biased :)

As far as shopping carts go, I have heard good things about oscommerce as well.
Do you print your own tees? :)

My friend sent me an article a few weeks ago and that's how I found the link to T-shirt countdown and it wasn't until last night that I realized that you're THE Rodney. Wow, I feel special to know someone famous! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,907 Posts
$30 a month is a lot to pay for a shopping cart program, I'd definately look at one of the open-source options.

As for screen printers, maybe you should check around locally and see what's available? Generally even cheaper if you can set up a wholesale account with a shirt vendor (Broder, S & S Activewear, etc.) and supply your own shirts. For example, the guy I'm looking at doing some screen printing with charges about $5.00 for shirts I can get for $2.00. He raises the cost for the print slightly if you supply the shirt, but I still save about $2.50.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've tried several screen printers in my area as well as Custom Ink and neither of them had screen prints that were soft and smooth. I even went as far as to blow 300.00 on t shrits I can't use because they did a terrible job printing....bleeding, crooked text....etc. But they had no guarantee :(

I've tried getting an ASI account so I can order wholesale at the ASI price but they require invoices from prior wholesale sales. I have a tax ID #.....does anyone have any idea how I might be able to get an ASI #?

Thank you!
Brandy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,907 Posts
I don't know how you can get an ASI#, but you shouldn't need one. A State Tax ID# should be just fine for setting up a wholesale account with most places; I'm ordering my shirts from ssactivewear.com and that's all they needed. You might also look at broderbros.com - they're a little bit more expensive for the normal shirts, but they carry the american apparel shirts (good brand for the girl's styles) where S&S Activewear does not (Also got an account with only a tax#).
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top