T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just registered today. I have had t-shirt designs running through my head for a couple of years now but have been too lazy to get started.

However, I am picky about t-shirt quality and this I think will be a trial/error basis. I like very soft cotton t-shirts. If anyone can point me a direction to a supplier this might cut some search time.

Thank You

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey I'm From Texas. I Live In Houston And I Went To This Printing Company And They Sell Wholesale. That's Where I Got My Shirts. Light 100% Cotton. I'm Also New To This. I'm Looking For Heat Press Now. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Welcome to the T-ShirtForums.

You can buy sample blanks from places like cheapestees.com, blankshirts.com, alternativeapparel.com, americanapparel.com, etc.

Just go through the various styles and brands to find out which style you prefer.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I ordered 18 samples from BlankShirtStore.com two weeks ago (3 shirts each in 6 colors) and was satisfied with their price/service. 12 of the shirts came in two days, as they have a warehouse here in Texas... and the rest came within a week.

t-shirtwholesaler.com is another place worth mentioning.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Howdy from New Mexico! I empathize with your position. There are so many options available, it's hard to figure out which are the best moves to make. You've been given several good links on shirt source options and are lucky to be based in Texas where suppliers are abundant.

For what it's worth, in my recent research I found that the tourists in my area were willing to pay up to $28 for a high-quality t-shirt. They determined quality by fabric weight and content. More of them preferred pre-shrunk 100% cotton than the cotton/poly blends. Hanes and Guildan were the most desirable brand names that came up.

Barb

·
Registered
8 Posts
I finally ordered my first heat press yesterday. I settled on a Geo Knight 16x20 Clamshell. I started my search on eBay thinking I would find something slightly used at a good price but when I added the padded shipping to buy now price I found I would have spent more than buying direct from a reputable distributor. Are you planning on getting a new or used press?

Barb

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Hi Barb, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

For what it's worth, in my recent research I found that the tourists in my area were willing to pay up to $28 for a high-quality t-shirt. They determined quality by fabric weight and content. More of them preferred pre-shrunk 100% cotton than the cotton/poly blends. Hanes and Guildan were the most desirable brand names that came up.
Thanks for sharing that information!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi Barb,
I just Passed thru Albq going back to LA . Was in Abline Tx,
Got a chance to go to old town and checked out the shirts, Your right
about the cust pref. I lived in albq for 15 years and wished i was pressing then!
I noticed a lot of images are getting bigger i should have bought a larger press. you did the right thing buying that one, Hey have a Dos Hermanos
for me, ( Green )
Good luck
Hermono Fred

1 - 11 of 11 Posts