T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

Wow, I wish I had found this place a bit sooner!

I'm going to spend the evening reading through all the fantastic advice here.

If anyone has any info about labels/tags, I'm looking to get some made up... any good places to start?

Rosie

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hola, Rosie.
Good luck on the reading...I just found this place last week and haven't been able to stop reading. Lots of good information.

Labels: check out the sponsor ClothingLabels4U.
She did mine.

Carrie

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ooh thanks Carrie I'll check them out.
Do you then sew the labels into tees yourself?

I'm also looking at these guys.. nationalweaving.co.uk
Does anyone have any experience with them?

·
Registered
62 Posts
rosierobinson said:
Do you then sew the labels into tees yourself?
If "yourself'' means me personally, um, no. No skill with the needle.
The manufacturer I use sewed them in at 30 cents a pop.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Hi Rosie, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

Sometimes you can find a local seamstress to relabel the shirts for you, and sometimes your printer (if you are outsourcing the screen printing) can relabel them for you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Rodney. My t shirts are embroidered not SP and I do them myself. I don't produce tees by the thousand so I'm going to have a go at sewing them on myself.

Badalou, it's already on my list of sites to check when I wake up everyday!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hi Rosie,

YOur stuff looks great! Can you tell us a little about the embroidery process? What kind of machine do you use? What is the process like - do you create the images on PC, then download to/program the machine and get it done like that?
I was looking into the embroidery when I first came up with the idea for my project, then shifted to printing because of higher costs (for embroidery). But I still keep my hopes up that it can be done :)
Let us know.

Thank you and great to have you here,
Annushka

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Annushka

It's nothing as technical as that I'm afraid. I have a normal domestic Brother sewing machine that I've put an embroidery foot on. I then embroider each design myself on the tee, no computer automated stuff here!

It does mean that I can change designs as often as I want, change the colour schemes, and also do commissions for people incorporating names or any bits they want.

Rosie

·
Registered
505 Posts
Do you use any type of stabilizer/interfacing for it? Also have you ever tried to do embroidery that's a little thicker (more that one stitch line, something that was filled with more thread, hope I explain it right :)), if so, how did that work out for you?

Thank you :)

rosierobinson said:
Hi Annushka

It's nothing as technical as that I'm afraid. I have a normal domestic Brother sewing machine that I've put an embroidery foot on. I then embroider each design myself on the tee, no computer automated stuff here!

It does mean that I can change designs as often as I want, change the colour schemes, and also do commissions for people incorporating names or any bits they want.

Rosie

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Annushka

It's Rosie still, new name (don't ask!)

I use an interfacing that I half iron onto the back of the tee first, I then pull off what I don't need after sewing and give what is remaining a good iron to fix it on. It helps the designs keep their shape too which I like.

The jeans don't need any interfacing as the denim is thick enough to hold the design on it's own.

I have tried the thicker lines, but it takes a long time for the machine to make the stitch, so it's not really great for spontaneous drawings. I think it's an easier style to do with a computer generated design.

I have thought about upgrading to a machine that would produce the stitching for me in my required design, but I think that would take half the fun out of it and the pictures wouldn't have quite the same hand done, drawn on look. I think they'd lose some of their energy.

Maybe I can give it a go on a machine in a shop to see...

Rosie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts