T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a dozen T-shirts,I had designed,and would like to sell.Should do it online or retail?Any advice,greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Hi Les, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums.

What was your plan to sell the t-shirts before you had them printed? Who is your target market?

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
You have 12 designs or 12 tee shirts? and as Rodney asked "What was your plan to sell the t-shirts before you had them printed? have you ever noticed that places like Best Buy and large non clothes stores have employee rooms. See if you can place a flyer on their bullitan board. Lots of young people work in thos places.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had planned to sell them online before,but was unsure,being new to this.Right now,I am back and forth with my decision.They're 12 T-shirts with the same design.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I had planned to sell them online before,but was unsure,being new to this.Right now,I am back and forth with my decision.
Not to sound harsh or anything, but ideally, you should have a specific plan on how you plan to sell a product before you actually get the product made. That way, when the product is printed and ready, you already have your marketing lined up and the research done.

With only 1 t-shirt design and 12 pieces in inventory, you could do it either way. You could setup a website and then advertise that website in search engines, offline, myspace, etc. You could use PayPal to collect money for the orders.

Or you could try to sell them on a college or high school campus (depending on where you go to school), or maybe at a school event.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
12? As in 12 pieces only? You could do just about anything... sell them on a street corner, go door to door, have a stall at a market, advertise them on your pre-existing website (if applicable), sell them to friends and/or family and/or co-workers, go to a local park and sell them to joggers, eBay.

For twelve shirts it's not worth the effort of setting up a website. A retailer may buy them from you (especially for sale by consignment), but they may not be interested in such a low quantity (they might though if they like trialing things).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts