T-Shirt Forums banner

Hello from Hemet, California

806 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Yo Llamas Artz 
#1 ·
Hi all. I am new to heat presses, in fact got my first one last Saturday. My wife and I are retired Air Force (20 years) and another 27 years working for the Air Force as a Defense Contractor. I retired from that job in 2012 and moved to Hemet California in 2013. I started woodworking after retirement as well as Family History Research but had to give up the woodworking due to failing eyesight. Too dangerous working with power saws. Now I still do family history and starting heat pressing. I welcome any help, tips and tricks. We have two children, 5 grandchildren and 14 great grandchildren. Drop me a line sometime and we will chat.

#3 ·
Welcome aboard!

As to sublimating on to ceramic tiles, I would suggest buying sublimation tiles to press, rather than messing with the coating yourself. I sublimate on mugs, and wouldn't dream of bothering with applying the coating myself.

The place where I buy my mug blanks also has ceramic tiles, but I have no idea how the price and quality of their tiles compare to what you might find elsewhere, just tossing this out there as a possibility for you.

#4 ·
Welcome aboard!

As to sublimating on to ceramic tiles, I would suggest buying sublimation tiles to press, rather than messing with the coating yourself. I sublimate on mugs, and wouldn't dream of bothering with applying the coating myself.

The place where I buy my mug blanks also has ceramic tiles, but I have no idea how the price and quality of their tiles compare to what you might find elsewhere, just tossing this out there as a possibility for you.

Thank you for the welcome and the name of the place to get the tiles and mugs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.