T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone :)

So firstly, greetings from downunder ( New Zealand )

My name is Alex by the way, and glad to meet you all ;)

Well what a introduction huh ( Hello from Downunder with Problems :D )

Anyway I could use some major help from this forum, if anyone is kind enough to give it :) ?

I’m new to this, yet have been pressing Tee’s for some 1 month now .. With mixed results, certain transfers have become a real breeze to apply and 100% success rate, others just seem to never work at all, no matter how I adjust the pressures or experimant with heat settings, though being new to the game I do try to adhere to the recommended settings that are given by the place I buy my transfers from ( ProWorld )

The ones that work have had a photographic look about them, they are very very smooth and have a very smooth finish to them when applied, example ( dixie transfers ) … awesome.

( Anyone know what that type is called ? )

The brand Xit and Wildside which have a more waxy feel to them, are giving me headaches beyond belief, leaving partial amounts of transfer on the paper and missing bits of transfer off the garment ( PLEASE NEED MAJOR HELP HERE!! ) ( Again is this type of transfer different than above ? )

I just can’t seem to work it out at all, and to be honest, well it’s getting real costly every time I transfer them onto a Tee .. To the point, I even dread doing, but then I know it’s a learning curve, but what a learning curve huh :(

I use a 16x20 Heat pressing

I have to use 100% cotton Tees .. As I haven’t yet found a poly/cotton blend selling in NZL yet, problem I guess when you live on the other side of the planet ;)

Well I know I’ve dumped my probs on you .. Hope you don’t mind, I am grateful for any help offered or any suggestions.

Would love to know if anyone else has had similar problems with these transfer also ??

Thank you for your time … Alex :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
mate,

from Melbourne- question-

transfers, what kind are they, and what kind of heat press you using, industrial or trouser domestic

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Tosh ..

It's a industrial heat press .. the recommended for doing heat transfers

As for the kind of transfers .. they are the type you buy from ProWorld, and though they all have the same settings of 385 F and with 7 sec pre press of garment and 9-10 sec press of transfer with medium pressure.

The feel of the transfers are different from different manufactures .. I can't be to precise here, because I'm not sure what they are called, only to say one sort is very very flat, smooth and has a almost photo look about it, and transfering is a absolute breeze, the other is more raised, has waxy feel on the paper, images are more comic book like and are hard to transfer .. ( Xit! Brand ) has been the worst, I start peeling them straight away, as it is a hot peel, but by the time I get half way through peeling it, I feel some resistance, and by the time I'm finished, half of the tranfer hasn't quite made it onto the garment, end result a patchy looking transfer that you can't sell.

Cheer .. Alex.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts