T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have been a long time lurker and never joined or posted. But I need advise and would appreciate honest opinions and responses. I am trying to figure out what printer/Technology solution I should purchase on my business. So here are a few things I know:
1. Most of my clients want dark Shirts
2. I don't want to be limited to just T-Shirts
3. I currently have an OKI 711 CMYK no white toner.
4. I currently do POD & HTV for my shirt orders.
5. Volume is around 50 - 100 shirts a month utilizing Heat Transfers ordered from various vendors.
6. I do not want to rely on someone to produce these transfers. I usually have a short turnaround time.
7. Recently received a contract to provide all customized designs & shirts for a large organization.
8. POD business will remain the same... no changes.

Which technology should I invest in?
1. DTG - Printer
2. White Toner Printer
3. Continue to utilize vendors to produce heat transfers
4. Any other technology I should consider?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hello everyone, I have been a long time lurker and never joined or posted. But I need advise and would appreciate honest opinions and responses. I am trying to figure out what printer/Technology solution I should purchase on my business. So here are a few things I know:
1. Most of my clients want dark Shirts
2. I don't want to be limited to just T-Shirts
3. I currently have an OKI 711 CMYK no white toner.
4. I currently do POD & HTV for my shirt orders.
5. Volume is around 50 - 100 shirts a month utilizing Heat Transfers ordered from various vendors.
6. I do not want to rely on someone to produce these transfers. I usually have a short turnaround time.
7. Recently received a contract to provide all customized designs & shirts for a large organization.
8. POD business will remain the same... no changes.

Which technology should I invest in?
1. DTG - Printer
2. White Toner Printer
3. Continue to utilize vendors to produce heat transfers
4. Any other technology I should consider?
1. What is your budget?
2. What type of designs do you usually print for your clients? Are they complicated designs with multiple colors, or mostly 1 or 2 color jobs?
3. With the recent contract, what do you expect your monthly volume to be? Any plans to expand or are you planning to stay at the current volume for a while?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I usually do multiple colors with complicated designs. Too complicated for vinyl. I estimate that I will be doing 200 - 300 shirts. This volume should be consistent for at least a few years. My budget is around 5K - 10K.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I usually do multiple colors with complicated designs. Too complicated for vinyl. I estimate that I will be doing 200 - 300 shirts. This volume should be consistent for at least a few years. My budget is around 5K - 10K.
Have you looked into DTF? I'm not sure what the price range is for the whole setup, but I believe you can get everything you need for under $10K.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.